Windows 7 program problems

hi6908

On windows 7 64bit RC, I have two processes (utorrent.exe and nsvcappflt.exe-nvidia firewall) that will occasionally take up over 1gb of ram for no apparent reason, and cause the computer to run very slowly. I have 6gb of ram, and with these, over 4gb is used when this happens. Restarting fixes it, at least for a while. uTorrent is not usually doing anything at all when this happens.

Also, chrome and firefox will crash randomly when I am using them, and it happens between every 30sec-5min with chrome, and 1-10 min with firefox. If chrome crashes enough, the internet stops working until you restart the computer. IE is fine though. uTorrent also crashes, usually during downloades. Also, in Halo 2, the game list does not appear sometimes for over 10 minutes.

post-67700-1253985868_thumb.jpg

uninstall nvidias firewall, see what happens,that is the first app aciting insane and could very well be causing your browser issues. If your problem goes away use the built in firewall, zone alarm free edition, or what ever you like, just not the nvidia. This is a start

Edited by ocre

Kill the nVidia firewall. It's FAR more hassle than it helps and uTorrent only exacerbates that. Use the hardware firewall on your router and forget about software firewalls (especially when running torrents).

Edited by Waco