Error lights on xfx hd4850

00stevo

I have the d1601 light lit up on my card.As soon as i power on the pc,the fan goes straight to 100%,and there is no display.I was playing resi 5 when my psu died,i now have a new one and i cant find a solution to my problem.I googled the error code and it says its anoverheating protection error,but how can i make it stop!?

Its a 700watt unit with dual 12v rails,trust me everything is set up correctly.I just want to solve the error problem!

more than enough power , but what brand , is it high quality ..?

sadly i do not know that psu , i thought that it was a psu problem

but that is not the reason that answers , why the fan goes 100% right from the start ...?

did you check the display cables , ..? does you monitor have dvi ..? or do you use the adapter ..?

if you use the adapter try another one , ..

this can be the reason for no display ..?

i do not recommend doing that by your self even if you know what you are doing ...?

if you are certain , 100 % sure that it is the power supply ,call them ..

i think there is some thing wrong with the card it self , xfx has life time warranty they will do it for you ..:)

Edited by N.E.A

eh? not sure what N.E.A is rambling about...

the card obviously thinks its alot hotter than it really is , check it for damage . i would probly just wait awhile until they accept the RMA .

XFX does has a warranty so i wouldn't do anything to void this :)

goodluck

Well i took the cooler off,and there seems to be no visible damage whatsoever.Although i was genuinely shocked at the amount of thermal paste used.It looked like they'd put about 1/4 of a tube on there! It was in huge gloopy chunks all over the place.But im just going to admit defeat and rma it tommorow :( Im proper wounded,i cant even play any games cos ive got a hd2400 in there atm,and to top it off,the psu i bought is making a weird vibrating noise as if the fan is spinning out of alignment.Oh well(huffs)

sadly i do not know that psu , i thought that it was a psu problem

but that is not the reason that answers , why the fan goes 100% right from the start ...?

did you check the display cables , ..? does you monitor have dvi ..? or do you use the adapter ..?

if you use the adapter try another one , ..

this can be the reason for no display ..?

i do not recommend doing that by your self even if you know what you are doing ...?

if you are certain , 100 % sure that it is the power supply ,call them ..

i think there is some thing wrong with the card it self , xfx has life time warranty they will do it for you ..:)

Almost ALL of that is crap.

If its a new PSU, it will power a 4850 NO problem. Even if it was TERRIBLE, it would still display and post, might be a different story when he tries to game. So unless this where to happen during gaming, it is NOT a PSU issue.

My guess is, that when your last PSU blew, it took the card with it.

Either contact XFX support (which is TERRIBLE in the UK btw. I tried to RMA an 8800GTX to them, and they said send it back to the supplier, dispite the fact it was over 13 mths old) or get in touch with the old PSU manufacture. If it was a good brand, they should cover the cost of the card. If it was generic, your all out of luck.