Sign in to follow this  
reader50

Hello, Nicely This Time

Team MacNN is hoping to pass soon. Here are a few useful links:

Our team forum.

All visitors are welcome to comment in our forum, just keep it reasonably civil.

Inter-team intercept chart.

Updates once per day.

Team MacNN stats page.

Updates whenever Stanford does. (every 3 hours)

OCC stats page.

Updates whenever Stanford does. (every 3 hours)

We naturally have *cough* the greatest of respect for OCC, and would not *cough* dream of doing or saying anything nasty. All those PCs running Windows *ack* will surely carry the day for *cough* the better team.

Have you guys noticed that flu virus going around? It's so inconvenient, but us Mac users have little experience with those things, so I'd better not draw any conclusions.

It is rumored that a previous thread was in this vicinity. I deny this, I have not started any previous Folding threads in this forum. All rumors to the contrary are obviously mistaken.

Anyway, it's good to see some healthy competition, interteam rivalry often results in increased production for both teams. Remember, it's all for a good cause, and it's not really anyone's fault that someone *sneeze* has to come in second.

We hope to see you around ... er, in not too many days. Hello again, and thanks to those who have already dropped by to say hi.

:)

ps - this post is of course an entirely serious and respectful document.

:bah: i see a OS X bashing thread coming soon..... not to mention your lack of a right click lol <_< yes i know you CAN get them

OH and reader50 how many of you guys have g5's? just wondering

Grrr...<_< Keep folding OCC members!

Aye, If you want to get into a mac vs. pc debate, you're gonna get nailed here. OS wise, I'll agree with you, M$ really does suck, but if you're talking hardware, you need to read the reviews and see the benchmarks. ;)

EDIT: Yes, I'm folding, I just don't have my strand yet.

Edited by Iggy

I'm sure a great many of us have G5s. Unfortunately, that great many does not include myself. :(

However, I'm quite happy with my Ligitech 4-button wheelmouse. :) Ever tried a FPS with a one-button mouse? It's an interesting way to explore the fragging process.

Ever tried a FPS with a one-button mouse? It's an interesting way to explore the fragging process.

Of course not. We hate Macs, remember? And you guys are still awaiting the release of what, quake III on the mac, right?

By the way, I love how the link to your forum doesn't work. (error 404: Page not found) Must be the high-quality mac-server you probably have. And don't try to say that post was completely serious and respectful, you know it's a lie. ("has anybody noticed the flu going around? *cough cough*") <_<

Edited by Eva_Unit_0

:withstupid:

ya you guys have AWSOME games for the mac .like warcraft 3 and...that puzzle with the mac logo (brownie points for the person who knows where this came from)

Iggy,

While all my stats code development happens on my G4 in PHP and MySQL...

Our team pages actually run under BSD on x86 boxes. I'd assume a P3, but do not know for sure.

Teamstats runs on two Athlon boxes under Debian. Specs and pic are on the linked page.

I'd assume it was cheaper to buy the x86 servers. No comment.

Eva: Got Q3A and the far better UT about 3 years ago, right now we're playing Halo like everyone else. Please note that 'we' does not include me, I'm lacking in the Radeon 9800 department. Also lacking in the latest-top-end box department. I'll give the demo a try when it comes out in a couple weeks, but I'm expecting it to be unplayable.

Edit: the forum link worked when I tried it. Where is it trying to send you?

Edit2: I'm informed that our team pages and forum run on dual Athlons as of a while ago. Still not sure what we have currently.

Edited by reader50

Wow, it would be like trying to read greek backwards, underwater, while fighting a pirate...(mac joke for those who get it good or not whatever)

So as far as competition goes I have to say I think we are more then ready to give you a run for your money. Recruitment time is going one and we have drawn quite a few members and got a few possible power house folders.

I don't know how *cough* those great running macs *cough* can keep up with us. But you guys seem to be interested in useing PCs for folding farms.... With the *hack HACK* greatest repect for macs *wheeze* they may not be so good for the money as pts/dollar...

I think *cough* you great mac guys *cough* gave me something you might want to get that checked out....

EDIT:

ya you guys have AWSOME games for the mac .like warcraft 3 and...that puzzle with the mac logo (brownie points for the person who knows where this came from)

I was writing my post when you posted that, I am also guessing you know my quote thing too, laff, that was odd... breakout AND super breakout and photoshop

Keep it down guys. :angry:

Doesn't look good for you or the site when you start bashing someone. I don't like macs anymore than any of you do, but don't go bashing the people that use them.

Keep this thread folding related, if you want to discuss Mac vs. PC we have an alley for that.

I went and posted at MacNN, and I believe what I said to be most peoples point of view. Please support my comments there and stop this silly bickering. It's pointless and goes nowhere.

Sorry reader50. It's just that as far as I know, occ people aren't going and provoking you mac guys. It would be nice if you guys would return the favor. (if occ people ARE doing the same, then they're NOT acting on behalf of occ) Anyway, thanks for your links and opinions. (your link seems to work now. Must have just been a busy server or something) The funny thing is, I'm on a mac at school right now, and when it tried to load the Macnn forum page it just about froze on me. :lol: Oh the irony.

I went and posted at MacNN, and I believe what I said to be most peoples point of view.  Please support my comments there and stop this silly bickering.  It's pointless and goes nowhere.

thanks, will do.

The funny thing is, I'm on a mac at school right now, and when it tried to load the Macnn forum page it just about froze on me.  Oh the irony.

What vintage of mac?? In my expirence older=worse. (try classic, or lc) @school = akkkk. Where I came from the internet was slooowww by default new mac or old, pc or not. no need to bash. My exprience with g4s has been positive. I have never used a g5, and probily won't cause my college is mostly pc.

Edited by ijagwalaafq