Hypertransport Sync Flood Error

nns

I just got this error on my PC and naturally googled it..

From what I have gathered its due to the unleashing mode (which helps unlock cores).

Other explanations include memory problems.

Anyone has an idea as to what it is?? Any solutions?

So I'm no AMD guy nor did I google that error but

A. did you unlock the fourth core?

B. What were the circumstances that produced it?

[edit: a lot of stuff I'm seeing says to update bios, did you try that?]

Edited by xchrissypoox

A: Yes, I unloacked the 4th core

B: When I was replying to an OCC post ;) (Just using my browser)

The mouse stopped responding, I didn't get a BSOD but the PC just restarted and the POST screen showed this error message.

Edit: I have the latest BIOS. It was just a one of problem, been stress testing since then (1hr now), will do a memtest after a cpl of hrs.. No errors as yet.

Edited by nns

it might be that the fourth core on your cpu is actually crappy (doubt it since there seem to be many people with the problem) or it might be a problem inherent with unlocking the extra core, I'm no expert but I'll keep looking for it cause this intrigues me.

Edited by xchrissypoox

It sounds like a race condition in the hypertransport bus. Something isn't stable...

Could it be due to unlocking the core? Is there a need to bump the HT or HT voltage to stabilize the processor? (HT=Hypertransport)

The unlock increases the L2 cache too, could that be an issue?

Is there a need to increase any other voltages?

The Core seems to work fine with Prime95 stress test (blend)

Edited by nns

There are some amd cpus that can unlock cores but aren't the best choice to do so. Also the motherboard should be compatible with this procedure. If it isn't then thats the problem. Bios update is necessary before unlocking since there might be some fixes that makes your mobo compatible.

There are some amd cpus that can unlock cores but aren't the best choice to do so. Also the motherboard should be compatible with this procedure. If it isn't then thats the problem. Bios update is necessary before unlocking since there might be some fixes that makes your mobo compatible.

I believe the OPs motherboard did have a BIOS update that added unleashing mode under the ACC specifically to unlock cores. If he's unlocked the cores then he already likely has unleashing mode in his BIOS(which he does mention). This applied to a few Asus motherboards recently.