Help

Stabber1010

I just got all my parts from newegg today.

puter1.jpg

puter2.jpg

Ignore the static wrist bracelet. Am I missing something?

1: Not enough fan plugs, I've got 3 fans on the case, 1 for the proc. Plugged in the top and back and proc fan, but the front one will just sit there I guess.

2: The corsair PS came with ALOT of cables, yet I can't find the right one for the HD.

3:The memory won't seat properly. I put it in, clamp it, and it can just fall right out.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got all my parts from newegg today.

Ignore the static wrist bracelet. Am I missing something?

1: Not enough fan plugs, I've got 3 fans on the case, 1 for the proc. Plugged in the top and back and proc fan, but the front one will just sit there I guess.

2: The corsair PS came with ALOT of cables, yet I can't find the right one for the HD.

3:The memory won't seat properly. I put it in, clamp it, and it can just fall right out.

Search harder for the 3rd fan connector. its there somewhere. :D

That Power Supply HAS Sata cables.

just spend a little more time with it to find the right ones

EDIT: Nice system and welcome to the OCC

Edited by ShallowBay

Tape? Really?

This is my first time building a system, so I don't know if you're serious or not.

Found the SATA cable, HD is plugged into MOBO, but I've still got these 2 little plugs left. Itty bitty, and no they are not LED plugs.

One more thing, what are these attachments on the wires? They are rectangles with 4 little holes in them and there are 4 on each wire, and they are spaced out.

Hi, this is the cable that should go from your power supply to your hard drive:

SATA_power_cable.jpg

The hard drive should have a total of two cables in it; one for power (to the power supply) and one for data (to the motherboard).

The cable you found, is probably a molex cable:

Molex-style-power-connector.jpg

It's essentially an extra power cable for whatever you may need (some devices, such as fans, use molex power cables. There are also adapters available that convert molex to hard drive power, for example).

Your memory might be falling out for a number of reason. Do the security clamps actually attach?

Also, the problem with your wireless card is that you are probably putting it in the incorrectly sized PCI slot.

Hi, this is the cable that should go from your power supply to your hard drive:

SATA_power_cable.jpg

The hard drive should have a total of two cables in it; one for power (to the power supply) and one for data (to the motherboard).

The cable you found, is probably a molex cable:

Molex-style-power-connector.jpg

It's essentially an extra power cable for whatever you may need (some devices, such as fans, use molex power cables. There are also adapters available that convert molex to hard drive power, for example).

Your memory might be falling out for a number of reason. Do the security clamps actually attach?

Also, the problem with your wireless card is that you are probably putting it in the incorrectly sized PCI slot.

Ty for clearing that up about the molex cables. They are wonderful. (for cluttering my case that is!)

No, the security clamps do no attach.

The the wireless card is a linksys 2.4ghz PCI adapter. I've tried all the slots. It one slot looks like it's about to fit, but it's off by a hair. Should I use brute force?

Not all of them and I was mistaken This one does use DDR3. I dont play with the new AMD stuff. Make sure you spread open the clips and index the modules correctly and as you push them down into the sockets the clips will lock into place. By indexing there is a small notch in the bottom of the module. There will be more contacts on one side than the other looking left to right. Make sure the notch in the modules is over the small indexing mark in the memory module socket and insert until the clips lock into place.