oldgoat99

Non Gamer - Which Video Card

It's time for me to upgrade...

I plan to build a medium-high end i7 PC to replage my 5 yr old Dell. I do some video and graphics editing + flash authoring. I have an HP w2338h 1920x1080) monitir with a standard Video-In and HDMI (no DVI). I would appreciate some input on what GPU I really need. I suspect I don't need to spend a lot on a video card but hope maybe someone here could provide some direction. I know "What's your budget?' Well, I don't have a budget but I don't want to spend more than necessary.

Thanks...

Check out a nice 4670 or 9500GT. If only they made i7 boards with integrated graphics lol

tbh, just get something like a 9400GT or the ATi equivalent. Passively cooled gets my vote, no need for bear fan noise.

Check out a nice 4670 or 9500GT. If only they made i7 boards with integrated graphics lol

:lol:

the boards will be more expensive ..:lol:

i liked the time when you could get a high end 775 cpu with mid range board

any card with a fan will do , if i were you i would get 4670 ............:)

I would thing a 9800GT or GTS250 to take advantage of programs that can benefit from GPU acceleration. The 3 and 4 series ATI card can be used with some programs but I just dont remember which but I know Photoshop CS4 make use of GPU acceleration with NV cards.

I would thing a 9800GT or GTS250 to take advantage of programs that can benefit from GPU acceleration. The 3 and 4 series ATI card can be used with some programs but I just dont remember which but I know Photoshop CS4 make use of GPU acceleration with NV cards.
If you plan on using Adobe software, they now used graphics acceleration. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405445.html

But, I don't know exactly how much better it is, since your already planning on getting an i7.

adobe.png

here's a 3870x2 for $125 total

Edited by IVIYTH0S

+1 for fanless design

I like this one from newegg

ASUS 9600GT Silent

(9600GT features in the supported list)

Pretty good deal for $69 plus you can use the CUDA for transcoding and other stuff!!