Help with 1920x1200 LCD decision

endeavor

I can barely find any reviews on "best LCD for gaming" etc. much less actual monitor models. The only reviews usually are for $700 SONY models. I have made up my mind to go with 1920x1200. I will be 85% gaming and the rest office related stuff. Most people go with 1920x1080 but I just don't like the 16:9. I don't want to spend more than $400 either.

I have been looking at the following models:

1. NEC ASLCD24 WMCX-BK

2. ASUS VW266H

Again, this is primarily for gaming and I was hoping for some feedback :)

Thanks!!

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=zQrNorSOphgZtJ90

i had this monitor , but my damn cousin broke it ....... :angry2:

it is very good , i know you want 1920*1200 capable monitor

but this monitor made for gaming ....... :)

Thanks for the input mate! However, I am more and more leaning towards the NEC model. It has IPS panel- 178/178 viewing angle, and that sounds nice to me :ph34r: . Ghosting and motion blur usually occur from 8ms on upwards, so I should be good with 5ms here. I will keep looking around and would appreciate more suggestions and comments, but I am getting closer to a decision :) ...

Edited by endeavor

There aren't any monitors for gaming. They are simply monitors. Some big ones and some small ones. You need to decide for your self though. An important thing is the ms on monitors. I currently have a crappy monitor which I wont even mention. Certaion CRT monitors are for gaming. As for the LCD I'd go with LG or Samsung. LG would be my choice. The size is up to you.