Temps at night

SirBriaNx

My cpu temps at night sometimes get into the high 30s. When I first clicked on overdrive they were 48 celsius.

They ended up dropping down to this.

10022807.jpg

Cooler Master Storm Scout Case

and Scythe Mugen 2.

Isn't that a tad bit unacceptable?

Btw I am at stock. Scared to run games at these temps.

Not running anything in the background accept firefox.

The worst part about this is that this is at night time.

It's really hot during the day time. They would easily hit high 50s. Now that's really scary.

Edited by SirBriaNx

i have the same cooler with my 965.. and at idle at default settings runs at like 23*C at idle.. thats way too hot man.. maybe you got too much thermal paste on the chip and cooler.. i hit 48 at max load... with the same cooler

CPU temps vary with the ambient temps. What is your room temperature? Something like 10C?

Come on Waco!!

Btw 65 C is not a pleasant temp, what is your OC, damian? which cooler?

65 is totally acceptable (for load) I let mine go up to 70c when benchmarking before I decide to pull the plug, if it isn't causing instability it isn't problem. Though I would never run mine overclocked all the time because I think its a waste of money (I run at <55c load in dual core mode if I'm not benchmarking).

SirBriaNx if you ever come back answer these questions: what kind of processor are you overclocking? are the temps you are reporting load temps? have you run prime95 and checked the realtemp temps?

edit: just noticed your picture (I have trouble with paying attention to stuff like that) my idle temps are just a few degrees under you, what are your load temps?

Edited by xchrissypoox