Sapphire 5870 Tested

Bosco

nvidia`s move is smarter though , they will release the cards when dx 11 games are getting out ...:)

nVidia hasn't made any move...they don't have anything available. Their next-gen GPU (the initial silicon) is failing miserably in the fabs (less than 3% of the dies are good).

Stop being such a fanboy and look at the facts. ATI now has a SINGLE GPU card that uses less power than everything else and neatly destroys every single GPU card out there and challenges the dual GPU cards. In Crossfire nothing even comes close to it.

I wouldn't exactly call getting absolutely stomped and doing nothing about it a "good move" on nVidia's part. :lol: Unless they react pretty quickly and get a decent challenge out...ATI is going to dominate for quite a while (especially if the 5850 performs similarly).

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nVidia hasn't made any move...they don't have anything available. Their next-gen GPU (the initial silicon) is failing miserably in the fabs (less than 3% of the dies are good).

Stop being such a fanboy and look at the facts. ATI now has a SINGLE GPU card that uses less power than everything else and neatly destroys every single GPU card out there and challenges the dual GPU cards. In Crossfire nothing even comes close to it.

I wouldn't exactly call getting absolutely stomped and doing nothing about it a "good move" on nVidia's part. :lol: Unless they react pretty quickly and get a decent challenge out...ATI is going to dominate for quite a while (especially if the 5850 performs similarly).

:lol: fan boy, it is like you do not know me at all mate

any way

every body i see wants to get 5800 just because it supports dx 11 <_<

only few want it for performance

i thought that nvidia`s move is better since there will be no dx 11 games till 2010 , or the end of 2009

and nvidia will release their cards by then ....

ATI is aiming for the crown and they are on their way to it

i really like ati , it is not fan boy stuff but i want physx and i do not like getting card for gfx and another for physx even if it is as cheap as dirt

i like getting another card to increase performance ........:)

and i think ati will win this year especially if they do some thing about physx ....:)

5850 competes with gtx 285

i asked in another topic will i be getting more performance with gtx 275 + 8800gt (physx )

the answer was yes , and i was thinking about it and i told myself it is not worth it ...

......:)

Edited by N.E.A

I think if you think that you're very mistaken...

why ...? :closedeyes:

when dx 11 was announced , every one was dying ,

you said it your self before : i will not get dx 11 card just because dx 11 .....

Edited by N.E.A

Nobody buys flagship cards to support an unused programming technology, they get them for the speed. Most would rather have a blazing fast DX10.1 part then a slower mid-range DX11 card. Nvidia made tons of mistakes like that when they were still using the 4-number naming, with newer cards being slower then older ones. Then the poor uninformed masses "upgraded" to them. If the first number is higher, it must be faster, right???

Nobody buys flagship cards to support an unused programming technology, they get them for the speed. Most would rather have a blazing fast DX10.1 part then a slower mid-range DX11 card. Nvidia made tons of mistakes like that when they were still using the 4-number naming, with newer cards being slower then older ones. Then the poor uninformed masses "upgraded" to them. If the first number is higher, it must be faster, right???

i know some who did ,

2 of my friends had 7800 gtx when 8000 came out with all new dx 10 they got 8600

they believed that dx 10 will make the card faster than the fastest dx 9 ...:lol:

stupid , are not they ...?

yes the higher the number the better ...

but i do not know any thing about 6 series to have any idea about the 4 series :lol:

Edited by N.E.A

you said it your self before : i will not get dx 11 card just because dx 11 .....

Your powers of comprehension are amazingly lacking. :blink:

Nobody is buying these cards for DX11 (yet). They are buying them because they are blazingly fast and efficient.

Thats a load of crap and you know it. No one knows that information but Nvidia. You are repeating good ole charlie demerjian lies. he reports false information and is currently at a site called called semiaccurate (if thats not self explanatory i dont know what is) and his reports are about as useless as your average tabloid. Its garbage trash talk. I could go on and on about the false information he spreads, non stop lies as a full outraged fanboy himself with the worse nvidia hatred on the planet. Why hasnt everyones 8000 series cards failed yet? charlie said they were all doomed and made on bad silicone, cause he went down to their fab labs in a super hero suit and tested them himself because he not only is a reporter, he is a super hero with special unmatched silicon engineering metal implementation skills and can pop into any nvidia lab and tell exactly whats being covered up:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1...dia-g84-g86-bad

This is trash. I hate to get in it but please dont spread false information, some members here take this as truth.

Back on topic.....

I havent seen too any 5870s tested with phenom2 cpus yet. I am interested to see these result, I have a hunch there could be a large difference in performance as compared with the i7. Kinda like the multi GPU differences between the i7 and the Phenom2s. If the phenom2s will bottleneck these super powerful GPUs or not. Its gonna be close, these bad boys are powerful. But if there isnt a huge difference like the cases of the dual cards then I would think that the gap between the i7 and phenom2s in a multi GPU setup is bus, memory, or chipset related, not just CPU as it looked to be

ccokeman your my hero, what do you think the phenom2 performance will be in comparison to the i7 with this GPU? I think a good cpu comparison should come but what are your preliminary thoughts?

Edited by ocre

Thats a load of crap and you know it. No one knows that information but Nvidia. You are repeating good ole charlie demerjian lies. he reports false information and is currently at a site called called semiaccurate (if thats not self explanatory i dont know what is) and his reports are about as useless as your average tabloid. Its garbage trash talk. I could go on and on about the false information he spreads, non stop lies as a full outraged fanboy himself with the worse nvidia hatred on the planet. Why hasnt everyones 8000 series cards failed yet? charlie said they were all doomed and made on bad silicone, cause he went down to their fab labs in a super hero suit and tested them himself because he not only is a reporter, he is a super hero with special unmatched silicon engineering metal implementation skills and can pop into any nvidia lab and tell exactly whats being covered up:

This is trash. I hate to get in it but please dont spread false information, some members here take this as truth.

:withstupid:

This information should be taken with a grain of salt, like N.E.A.'s words.

But still, Waco has scored a point.

He's been consistently correct in the past with regards to almost everything he's posted though. I do take it with a grain of salt (as you should everything on the web coming from a third-party) but at the same time nVidia doesn't currently have a counter for the 5870. It's not by their own choosing regardless of the reason.

As for the g84/g86 issue - many manufacturers released BIOS updates that cranked the fan speeds sky-high to avoid heat-related failures. Desktop parts weren't going through the same heating/cooling cycles that were killing the laptop chips.

Edited by Waco

Nobody is buying these cards for DX11 (yet). They are buying them because they are blazingly fast and efficient.

:ph34r:

ok as you wish sir , i hate when we argue about some thing

but please tell me : what do you mean with this ..?!!!

Your powers of comprehension are amazingly lacking. :blink:

This information should be taken with a grain of salt, like N.E.A.'s words.

<_< <_< <_< <_<

thank you for your kind :P

Edited by N.E.A