Now I can't decide on a processor.

Miek

Ok, I swear. When I get my PC, these threads will stop. Unfortunately, part of building it is asking these questions.

Anyway.

I'm torn on what processor to get. I've narrowed down what I want to choose from to:

• i5 750 \___ using the P55 chipset.
  • i7 860 /
  • AMD Phenom II X4 955
  • AMD Phenom II X4 965
  • Maybe wait for the next line of CPU's from AMD (6 core models, separate thread I saw discussing these)

If I chose Intel, I'd use the P55 chispet.

. how does the P55 compare to the X58? Worth switching to the i7 920 to use X58 chipset? Both support C'Fire and SLI.

If I chose AMD, I'd use the 790FX chipset.

I have already seen (and been recommended) some good motherboards for all of the above chipsets, so that isn't an issue. It's just choosing the processor that's got me undecided.

Once again, thanks for you insight/tolerance.

Ok, I swear. When I get my PC, these threads will stop. Unfortunately, part of building it is asking these questions.

Anyway.

I'm torn on what processor to get. I've narrowed down what I want to choose from to:

• i5 750 \___ using the P55 chipset.
  • i7 860 /
  • AMD Phenom II X4 955
  • AMD Phenom II X4 965
  • Maybe wait for the next line of CPU's from AMD (6 core models, separate thread I saw discussing these)

If I chose Intel, I'd use the P55 chispet.

. how does the P55 compare to the X58? Worth switching to the i7 920 to use X58 chipset? Both support C'Fire and SLI.

If I chose AMD, I'd use the 790FX chipset.

I have already seen (and been recommended) some good motherboards for all of the above chipsets, so that isn't an issue. It's just choosing the processor that's got me undecided.

Once again, thanks for you insight/tolerance.

the i7 860 has hyperthreading technology built in like the 870 for less $$

here...read this

http://hothardware.com/Articles/Intel-Core...nd-P55-Chipset/

hope that helps some...

cya

cj

:D

Or the 920 and you can upgrade to the new 6 core i9 chips when they come out using the same motherboard.

i like that suggestion , the problems comes in the board (x58) and memory (triple channel )