5870 review

ocre

http://74.125.159.132/translate_c?hl=en&am...jtiVJrU0lA9O03A

its translated but a sneak peak

didnt see this anywhere here, Hope its not posted.

\BTW its good, Man its coming out cheap too.

http://74.125.159.132/translate_c?hl=en&am...jtiVJrU0lA9O03A

$379

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Although the SLI does great things with two GeForce GTX 285, the CrossFire gives even more beer to two 5870, nearly doubling the frame rate at each resolution." I like this translation.

Anyways the hd5870 looks good, but the stock cooler seems iffy. I wonder if we'll start seeing triple slot coolers for single hd5870's, so that it only exhausts out the back.

Lol, I thought it would be a lot more impressive then this, but hey its not badly priced. I still think the GT 300 series is gonna stomp the 5800 series hands down. :D

I'll give it two driver releases before I make my decision. The 4870x2 didn't do too bad at all

Lol, I thought it would be a lot more impressive then this, but hey its not badly priced. I still think the GT 300 series is gonna stomp the 5800 series hands down. :D

It's early release so prices may drop a bit. It's slightly cheaper than I thought it would be now though. Hopefully with a new catalyst release performance will really start to shine. Still haven't heard much about the 5850 yet either-or I just haven't paid enough attention. With the 5870x2 still to debut ATI still has something to counter nvidia's new releases whenever they come out. I just have a feeling that a revision in the form of a 5890 might follow nvidia's release and maybe a 5890x2. Could be interesting and hopefully competition between these two will leave the consumer with some nice prices. God knows AMD needs to start making some money so maybe this will keep them going and keep the competition from price-gouging us.

I thought it was gonna perform better too, but from this price basis, its even better then i expected. It is a killer. Nvidia cant touch that performance and cost, and i doubt they will be able to drop their prices to be competitive. I think their 300 series will out perform in raw power, but man those prices. I think nvidias power monsters are gonna cost much much more to make, AMD may have the edge this time. I am really excited, this cost at launch, you know it will go down, you know better drivers will be out soon, this is another homerun!!!

I thought it did well it was about even with 4870x2 in vantage slightly better than a 4870x2 in crysis and I assume farcry 2 was a driver thing (though at 72 fps at 2560x1600 it isn't exactly slow) isn't that fact that it performs as well as two 4870s exactly what it should do based on the specs?

edit: just looked at the other charts and saw it was behind the 4870x2 in some

Edited by xchrissypoox