How to OC

R.O.GamerZ

HI..

i have Intel core 2 duo E8400 3.00Ghz Asus P5Qc mobo RAM Corsair X

how can i OC my Processor and also tell me the voltage settings

for OC my processor i have to bought a cooling solution for processor or not

Have a gander here: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=71656

Should help you get an understanding of what to do.

As for an aftermarket cooler, absolutely. It will help you get the most out of you're chip and keep it nice and cool at the same time B:) , compared the the stock intel heatsink. You CAN push a little on the stock heatsink, but keep an eye on temps, if you do.

As for which one to get, it's really up to how much you want to spend.

ppl will recommend different ones.

i personally +1 for Xigmatek HDT-S1283 or the S1283V "Dark Knight"

I have it myself, and i love it, and it's only around $40

Edited by fearspartan117

Have a gander here: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=71656

Should help you get an understanding of what to do.

As for an aftermarket cooler, absolutely. It will help you get the most out of you're chip and keep it nice and cool at the same time B:) , compared the the stock intel heatsink. You CAN push a little on the stock heatsink, but keep an eye on temps, if you do.

As for which one to get, it's really up to how much you want to spend.

ppl will recommend different ones.

i personally +1 for Xigmatek HDT-S1283 or the S1283V "Dark Knight"

I have it myself, and i love it, and it's only around $40

cooling solution is necessary to OC the processor if it is

then tell me your oppinion about coolermaster V8

cooling solution is necessary to OC the processor if it is

then tell me your oppinion about coolermaster V8

The V8 is not for ocing. V8 and v10 aren't great imo. try prolimatech megahelms or True 120 Extreme.

The V8 is a decent cooler, not one of the best, per say, but it is good.. however there are better options out there.

IMO, the V8 does not have good price/performance.. it's a little expensive for how it performs.. and it's big..

And the TRUE is often considered the best air cooler, however, with being the best comes the hiked price tag.. i've always thought the TRUE was too much... especially since I've heard that its contact area often lacks in flatness.. leading a lot of people to lap it.

Try to get a cooler that has more heatsink, and less other stuff on it. A nice example is the SUNBEAM CCF. Easiest way to overclock would be to use the multiplier in the BIOS and run stability tests after every oc, although you should look for details about your particular cpu since there are different ways to get optimal speeds for each processor. You should consider overclocking the ram aswell as the CPU at the same time. By no means overclock the ram only since it doesn't do anything. Voltage is a little tricky since you want the lowest possible since it's the factor that would have an affect on your cpu temp the most.

I forgot to say that it's important to have a good thermal paste like Arctic Silver 5.

I'm no pro at overclocking, but I do hope my advice helps you.