thermal adhesive??

ok so i see there is thermal adhesive silver and alumina from arctic cooling but iis there a home made alternative??i was thinking mixing ceramique or mx-2 with super glue. would that work for ram sinks on a hd4870??? idw to try it unless im sure, i thought i read somewhere that it worked just like thermal adhesive. thanks in advance for constructive responses

I have heard of people using regular thermal interface material on chipsets and ram, if I remember correctly you just put small dabs of superglue on two (or all?) of the corners and press it down until its hardened.

I generally use Arctic Silver 5 in the centre of the ICs, and then a drop of superglue at each corner... it's pretty easy to make it work on the larger ICs, but for the smaller ones, it can be quite tricky to get enough adhesive contact, and the sinks can fall off pretty easily... but still not as easily as self-adhesive sinks IMO

ok so i see there is thermal adhesive silver and alumina from arctic cooling but iis there a home made alternative??i was thinking mixing ceramique or mx-2 with super glue. would that work for ram sinks on a hd4870??? idw to try it unless im sure, i thought i read somewhere that it worked just like thermal adhesive. thanks in advance for constructive responses

Just buy some self adhesive ram sinks. I myself could never deal with the worry if it coming off if superglued + thermalpaste.