Should I leave OCC??

IVIYTH0S

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should I leave OCC??

• YES!
    • Take a week off and think about how to become a more rational forum user, jerk!
    • NO!
    • Check my comments, then get back out there and post!!
    • Don't post, just remain a lurker for information gathering purposes

I've been thinking lately due to my irrational behavior that I shouldn't be around here, polluting threads with my opinionated banter. I always wanted to be a useful addition to the forums here but have just now realized how much I tend to live in my own world and often may mislead others into agreeing with me, when it'd truly be safer if they didn't.

Either this will be a farewell thread or a simple personal reflection/improvement thread.

Whether I stay or depart, I'd love to hear what anyone has to say about me. Issues they have with me, things I need to improve on, even things I may have done right?? No matter how good or bad, let me have it!! I want to improve myself

I want to be a worthy guru to OCC, not something that pulls down the forums' overall credibility (for anything I'm involved in)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous thread! Of course you shouldn't leave. Man don't let people's comments get to you so much. Your opinion is what it is. Often a counter-balance to others. It's needed at times. I've not seen all of your posts but can't recall any that were rude or disrespectful. You're entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else is. Stick around.

Ridiculous thread! Of course you shouldn't leave. Man don't let people's comments get to you so much. Your opinion is what it is. Often a counter-balance to others. It's needed at times. I've not seen all of your posts but can't recall any that were rude or disrespectful. You're entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else is. Stick around.

If you have the time, I'd check this thread out. It may put me in a different light to you

I don't know you personally (or anyone here for that matter) but the rules for forums are universal...

If the forum is affecting your real life or if you feel you need to take a break, take one. Nothing wrong with that. :)

what he said^^

if ya feel that bad about it ivi_ then tighten yourself up...

its pretty normal to have occasional impulse control issues B:)

IVI we all make mistakes and do things we know we shouldn't do. It's part of growing up. I don't think leaving OCC is the answer. In 10 or 15 years you'll look back and wonder why you would ever do such a thing. I've made some colossal mistakes in my time but I don't just run away. The thing about the internet is annonymity allows anyone to post anything without accountability. Be a man and be accountable. Your life will be a much richer experience for having done so. Running away isn't being accountable. If you need to take a break to keep your sanity then do so but don't just quit. Personally I'd like to see you stay.

"when it'd truly be safer if they didn't"

?????

What!!! now thats a statement only a supreme being could make, lol!

Fo real doe, I think your being to hard on yourself and going off on the deep end with this post. No way, i mean if you got something different to post, then I think its much needed. Most always everywhere we get re-fabricated bull over and over, same ole, same ole copy cat post and opinions. Its almost like there is 1 source that everyone feeds off and only a select few offer anything outside these pathetic re runs. You know!

So we need things shuck up. Its a good thing. I mean whatever is right usually will stick no matter how much you shake it anyway. A lot of times ppl argue opinions, which is retarded after all!

If post are getting to you then you already know thats bad, we all got stuff we need to work on. That doesnt mean we should quit or run away. There isnt a single person who doesnt have things they should work on, just most ppl arent man enough to see that.

But I am not even sure that has anything to do with it. I like to hear alternative views, i mean i love it. Its great, I can say that I dont know at all what this is about, And i might not should even be in this at all, but seeing how you started this poll and all. I just think your over anal about something, and your letting stuff bring you down. You shouldnt. Overall you have things to offer. I would just think more about that

No, you're not allowed to leave. Regardless of how harsh some of us are at times (me included, obviously) there's no reason for you to abandon OCC.

:withstupid:

Normally I delete these posts but come on dude there is no reason to leave