Unplug all the fans from your computer.

They're running at their optimal speeds and they'll get tired and die.

:lol: Lol'ed at that, I truely did. ;)

If running a fan at optimal speeds could hurt it, for starters it would not be called "optimal"! And secondly, surely companies would make these speeds not accessible. I don't know if it is possible to push a fan past it's 100% speed mark, but if it is, THAT could possibly wear it out or something, but even then, I don't see that happening unless it were A. At something like 400% normal speed or running 200+% for years... So really, there is nothing to worry about.

Back on topic, My 4870 Idles ~59C and Loads up to ~80C at times, so do not fret :) your cards are perfectly safe at these temps, stop worrying and put them to some great use in some gaming! :D

Edited by Seriphx

:lol: Lol'ed at that, I truely did. ;)

If running a fan at optimal speeds could hurt it, for starters it would not be called "optimal"! And secondly, surely companies would make these speeds not accessible. I don't know if it is possible to push a fan past it's 100% speed mark, but if it is, THAT could possibly wear it out or something, but even then, I don't see that happening unless it were A. At something like 400% normal speed or running 200+% for years... So really, there is nothing to worry about.

You'd burn it out simply from heat if you pushed it too far. Going over 100% implies raising the voltage above the rating of the fan (usually 12 volts). The motor would likely burn up before the bearings went bad. :P

LOL to this thread still going on, 4000 series cards can run mighty hot, just run auto fan :thumbs-up:. Or if you can handle the noise, run 100%, either method won't hurt the card.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Well, claydrine you should have stated that you have had experience with the hardware before you gave your opinion.

It would have done you so much better to have done that first.

LOL to this thread still going on, 4000 series cards can run mighty hot, just run auto fan :thumbs-up:. Or if you can handle the noise, run 100%, either method won't hurt the card.

noise <_< <_< <_<