Dual Monitor Problem

tkrow21

Hi OCC,

Whenever I restart my computer, only one monitor displays something (through BIOS and through Windows AKA not a driver issue), and after a lot of restarts (yes, I've tried replugging/switching cables between monitors and all that jazz), but I can hardly get it to work. And when it does, all is well until a restart or if the monitors are turned off.

Edited by tkrow21

Hi OCC,

Whenever I restart my computer, only one monitor displays something (through BIOS and through Windows AKA not a driver issue), and after a lot of restarts (yes, I've tried replugging/switching cables between monitors and all that jazz), but I can hardly get it to work. And when it does, all is well until a restart or if the monitors are turned off.

What kind of card do you have? I've had different experiences with dual monitors between ATI and nVidia cards. The ATI has gotten better, but if I want to use the 2nd monitor I need to disable it and then enable it again. It is my TV so I don't have to do it too often.

Hi OCC,

running sli/crossfire?

I have found that ATi cards display on both screens when booting, while nVidia cards display on just one, till Windows starts, then the second screen powers on.

When you get to Windows, have you tried going into the display manager and selecting the second screen, and ticking the enable box? Or does it not even show it?

I had it all set up and running, but it started going on and off after a day.

Then it dawned on me to test my second monitor by itself, and sure enough, it was still going on and off when it was by itself, but my old one is going strong alone.

RMA time :(