Bosco

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry everyone... I'm an idiot.

Japanese website Hermitage akihabara have scored front 3/4th view pictures of Sapphire's Radeon HD 5850 and 5870 in good quality. Both the HD 5800 series cards are virtually identical from the outside - except for length. The HD 5850 ends up shorter - around 9.5"/24cm, around HD 4870/90 length; the HD 5870 is longer, at 10.5"/27cm length - the same length as a 4870 X2.

I thought it was longer than a 4870x2

I hope the 5870x2 isn't even longer though.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

lol to that...

So if intel put out an all in one computer that was 8'x10' and had to run off of nuclear power just to finally max our crysis....you'd buy it, gotcha ;)

I'll agree to keep my mouth shut about it until I see the benchmarks since if it performs well enough, it will be justified

how dare I recommend better hardware for a potential customer's price point, or equal hardware for cheaper :rolleyes:

Yes I would Nuclear power Rocks Plus I could increase the size of my e-penis by having it

Thanks

The problem is you recommend for NOW with no thought of the future. Like I said not everyone has your upgrade schedule. Not everyone sells off their current stuff to upgrade. MOST people have their hardware much longer than you do it seems and you give advise based on your timetables not theirs. Think outside the box you have painted yourself into. For long term use the best GPU you can buy is a sure bet. I had my 9800Pro for 2+ years before I went to the 1900Xt crossfire setup I alluded to in my above post. I had the 1900Xt setup for about over a year before I went to 2 8800GTS 640Mb cards in SLI! All I ask is that you think about the long term effects of your advise as it seems that new members get to see the brunt of this and make poor choices based on the length of time the new system will last them. cheaper is not always better and you always get what you pay for. There are no free lunches. There is always a cost

I want the one that runs 6 monitors at once! :D I don't know what the hell I would do with it yet, as I only have one monitor but dang! It's gotta have nads if it can do that!

get a 30 inch and it will do , or 2 x 24 inch ...........:) c

that is what i would do , i have 22 inch so i will get one or two more if i am gonna get that card ........hope it can crush crysis ( pc destroyer )

:lol: .......................:)

this means if i ran two in cf i can have 12 monitors , wow ,

what kind of desktop i will have

and what kind of desk that will be able to take all these monitors , ...? :lol:

unless i put the monitors on the wall i will not worry about space.........:P

Edited by N.E.A

Yes I would Nuclear power Rocks Plus I could increase the size of my e-penis by having it

Thanks

The problem is you recommend for NOW with no thought of the future. Like I said not everyone has your upgrade schedule. Not everyone sells off their current stuff to upgrade. MOST people have their hardware much longer than you do it seems and you give advise based on your timetables not theirs. Think outside the box you have painted yourself into. For long term use the best GPU you can buy is a sure bet. I had my 9800Pro for 2+ years before I went to the 1900Xt crossfire setup I alluded to in my above post. I had the 1900Xt setup for about over a year before I went to 2 8800GTS 640Mb cards in SLI! All I ask is that you think about the long term effects of your advise as it seems that new members get to see the brunt of this and make poor choices based on the length of time the new system will last them. cheaper is not always better and you always get what you pay for. There are no free lunches. There is always a cost

Good points, that is definitely a much better example. I'll keep this in mind, I usually do try and recommend a card that will give them the longest lifespan, fit's their budget, but is the lowest price possible.

There are hardware choices with better value than other's, and I usually try to stay up on them so people don't pay into something and get less for their dollar

Edited by IVIYTH0S