Sapphire 5870 Contest

Bosco

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as long as my coffin is the 5870's cooler (since the card is so freakin big) than you have a deal!

It's designed for enthusiasts, and enthusiasts usually don't have tiny compartments for their parts.

I don't have a tiny compartment, it's just now it's getting out of hand.

WHY ARE WE SUPPORTING THIS!?! <_>

Because people want more performance. We all know your miserly concerns and truthfully it has run its course, Its old hat , the same thing in every thread. We know this card is not for you because you would be happy with an old 4850 running 1280x1024 because thas "ALL you need" The old saying is "IF you can't stand the heat get outta tha Kitchen" ! I think that applies here!

Technology drives innovation. I am assuming you would be happy with a Pinto because thats "All you need" to get from point A to point B

If I wanted this card I would buy the case or whatever it took. I paid for a new case, power supply and motherboard when I went Crossfire on the 1900XTs a few years back. Not to mention the $1100 for the 2 cards! It was not what I needed it was what I WANTED. Did I need a CM Stacker 810, did I need a new power supply , did I need a motherboard or the video cards? I wanted a certain level of graphics performance and I bought what I needed to get it. Period! You still cant get past the here and now. Whats sufficient now is not what will be in 6 months or a years time.

Not everyone is in your financial box. If you are on your self described 6 month upgrade schedule thats great but you give information to people who are going to be with their system for YEARS not months! Its poor advise when they must throw good money after bad when they cant play a game unless they drop the resolution and graphic detail in a years time. "This guy on OCC said I would be fine" is the thought in their head as they spend their money on a new card. Not everyone is YOU! Repeating the same drivel over and over in every video card thread is counter productive! Get over it already!

Rant over till the next thread!

Because people want more performance. We all know your miserly concerns and truthfully it has run its course, Its old hat , the same thing in every thread. We know this card is not for you because you would be happy with an old 4850 running 1280x1024 because thas "ALL you need" The old saying is "IF you can't stand the heat get outta tha Kitchen" ! I think that applies here!

Technology drives innovation. I am assuming you would be happy with a Pinto because thats "All you need" to get from point A to point B

If I wanted this card I would buy the case or whatever it took. I paid for a new case, power supply and motherboard when I went Crossfire on the 1900XTs a few years back. Not to mention the $1100 for the 2 cards! It was not what I needed it was what I WANTED. Did I need a CM Stacker 810, did I need a new power supply , did I need a motherboard or the video cards? I wanted a certain level of graphics performance and I bought what I needed to get it. Period! You still cant get past the here and now. Whats sufficient now is not what will be in 6 months or a years time.

Not everyone is in your financial box. If you are on your self described 6 month upgrade schedule thats great but you give information to people who are going to be with their system for YEARS not months! Its poor advise when they must throw good money after bad when they cant play a game unless they drop the resolution and graphic detail in a years time. "This guy on OCC said I would be fine" is the thought in their head as they spend their money on a new card. Not everyone is YOU! Repeating the same drivel over and over in every video card thread is counter productive! Get over it already!

lol to that...

So if intel put out an all in one computer that was 8'x10' and had to run off of nuclear power just to finally max our crysis....you'd buy it, gotcha ;)

I'll agree to keep my mouth shut about it until I see the benchmarks since if it performs well enough, it will be justified

how dare I recommend better hardware for a potential customer's price point, or equal hardware for cheaper :rolleyes:

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Well put Frank, all I really need is one of those old P2s that is in the closet upstairs for posting here checking email, and the occasional word document but is that what I want? Hell no I like benching and want the top hardware and change to accommodate the latest and greatest of it. :) If I listened to what some forum members say I would not have a big enough power supply to run but one cheap video card, as it is now 2 of them bring a 1200w silverstone to its knees....