need help choosing a new CPU ...BADLY!

cheapoOC

Hello! I been outta the OC and computer world for about 4 years. A little background first... I'm running a athlon 2800+(overclocked) right now. My motherboard is 7 years old and has been overclocked since its birth. I have run out of cpus that will fit in my socket-A and run out of multipliers to overclock with. I have also run out of PCI slots to further ghettoify my system. My 250 watt power supply has about 1 volt drop on the 12v line from running the fastest AGP card they ever made along with 2 raptors, 2 cd burners, all 5 PCI slots full, another random hard drive, 3 extra case fans,and my athlon xp 2800 overclocked to 3200 speed. I have been praying that it will blow for many years now. My PCI bus is so overloaded that my hard drive (hooked to sata card) benchmarks about 5X lower when any sound is playing or when i'm transferring anything over the network. Its hilarious but

I NEED A NEW COMPUTER PLEASE HELP ME

So all I really need help with right now is choosing the cpu, once I get that down everything should fall into place.

Most importantly can someone update me on the new cpu/board combos.

I'm very interested in Phenom II 955 BE and the Core i5 750. How much will memory and a good cheap OC'ing board run me for these two systems? Last time I looked at memory everyone was running DDR 333 lol.

I donno how much boards are nowadays but I was hoping to spend like 85 for a decent overclocking board.

Memory cost I have no idea... cheap as possible

What is the most overclockable CPU out there right now for less than 200? I want something decent that will overclock to be better than the most expensive stuff out there :) .

I am going to run single stage phase change from a modded window air conditioner. From what I've seen I should be able to get like -30 to -40 C. What kind of stable overclock should I expect?

First of all, Welcome to OCC! ^_^

I assume you're in America (please correct me if I'm wrong)

I'd say the Core i5 750 as it beats the 955BE and is newer.

Here's a link to three sub-$100 boards on Newegg:http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=40000280%204027&Description=p55%20motherboard&name=%2475%20-%20%24100

This OCZ Gold 4GB (2x2GB) is good value: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...7-346-_-Product

Don't hesitate to ask for more help!

PremiumGFX

Hello! I been outta the OC and computer world for about 4 years. A little background first... I'm running a athlon 2800+(overclocked) right now. My motherboard is 7 years old and has been overclocked since its birth. I have run out of cpus that will fit in my socket-A and run out of multipliers to overclock with. I have also run out of PCI slots to further ghettoify my system. My 250 watt power supply has about 1 volt drop on the 12v line from running the fastest AGP card they ever made along with 2 raptors, 2 cd burners, all 5 PCI slots full, another random hard drive, 3 extra case fans,and my athlon xp 2800 overclocked to 3200 speed. I have been praying that it will blow for many years now. My PCI bus is so overloaded that my hard drive (hooked to sata card) benchmarks about 5X lower when any sound is playing or when i'm transferring anything over the network. Its hilarious but

I NEED A NEW COMPUTER PLEASE HELP ME

So all I really need help with right now is choosing the cpu, once I get that down everything should fall into place.

Most importantly can someone update me on the new cpu/board combos.

I'm very interested in Phenom II 955 BE and the Core i5 750. How much will memory and a good cheap OC'ing board run me for these two systems? Last time I looked at memory everyone was running DDR 333 lol.

I donno how much boards are nowadays but I was hoping to spend like 85 for a decent overclocking board.

Memory cost I have no idea... cheap as possible

What is the most overclockable CPU out there right now for less than 200? I want something decent that will overclock to be better than the most expensive stuff out there :) .

I am going to run single stage phase change from a modded window air conditioner. From what I've seen I should be able to get like -30 to -40 C. What kind of stable overclock should I expect?

haha, u look like a really tough guy to me! welcome to OCC <3

First of all, Welcome to OCC! ^_^

I assume you're in America (please correct me if I'm wrong)

I'd say the Core i5 750 as it beats the 955BE and is newer.

Here's a link to three sub-$100 boards on Newegg:http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=40000280%204027&Description=p55%20motherboard&name=%2475%20-%20%24100

This OCZ Gold 4GB (2x2GB) is good value: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...7-346-_-Product

Don't hesitate to ask for more help!

PremiumGFX

+1

id say AMD has the better OC'ing motherboard ON A BUDGET. If you want a good overclocking motherboard from intel you will probably have to pay a little more.

Not to say those arent nice motherboards PremiumGFX listed, but they arent the best overclockers and are microATX (not that it matters)

id say AMD has the better OC'ing motherboard ON A BUDGET. If you want a good overclocking motherboard from intel you will probably have to pay a little more.

Not to say those arent nice motherboards PremiumGFX listed, but they arent the best overclockers and are microATX (not that it matters)

+1

An idea of you overall budget might help suggest the complete build for you..

Are you not looking to put in some graphics card?

If you have selected other components plz post them here...!!

Welcome to OCC!!