[Deal] Win 7 upgrade for $30

redtigerdragon

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to double check, the upgrade only works from vista and not XP right?

what if I have W7 RC and upgrade from that?

It works from xp, just requires a complete reinstall instead of just an upgrade. Same thing with going from a different version of vista to 7, or 32-bit to 64-bit and vice-versa. You can also do it from the RC, but again, it will require a complete reinstall as the RC is technically the ultimate edition.

definitely want to try this, 'cept I never figured out how to use my college email (never needed it). Is professional like ultimate or is that more of a home premium??

It's more like Ultimate in fact I think Windows 7 professional comes with all the features that Windows 7 Premium has plus more stuff most of the features are useless unless your adv user or in a business environment like being able to join a domain, network image backups.

For a more compete comparison

Click here

It's more like Ultimate in fact I think Windows 7 professional comes with all the features that Windows 7 Premium has plus more stuff most of the features are useless unless your adv user or in a business environment like being able to join a domain, network image backups.

For a more compete comparison

Click here

But professional comes with XP mode, which is a killer feature. Not to mention instead of just a measly 16GB of ram max on the 64-bit one, you can up it to 192GB! :lol:

The funny thing about this is most students already have access to their campus's MSDNAA, from which you can usually get most products free.

Only big schools pay for that though.

Can I do a fresh install from an upgrade disc? Let's assume I don't have a legit Vista disc....

Also, the link doesn't seem to be working :(

Yes you can, it will just prompt you during the install to insert a valid xp/vista disk, then reinsert the win 7 disk. Which link doesn't work? The first one seemed to work for me...