[Deal] Win 7 upgrade for $30

redtigerdragon

If you have a valid .edu email address, you can get the upgrade to Win 7 home premium for $30 here. It says you have to be a student also, but I've read people with [email protected] get it, so YMMV. When it send you the link to order, you can upgrade to Professional for no charge. This is a digital download, but a physical copy can be had for an extra $13.

edit: just to clarify on the professional upgrade, after you register, you get a confirmation email. Click on the link, and it will bring you to the page to order. At the bottom, highlighted in yellow, is a link saying "Need to join your school's network domain? Click here". Click there to get professional.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could I purchase this to say upgrade my laptop, but instead use it to install on the computer I am about to finish building? How exactly does this work?

:withstupid:

That's what I'm planning to do, I wonder if the prebuilt included windows product keys will count as upgradable

Edited by IVIYTH0S

If you have a valid .edu email address, you can get the upgrade to Win 7 home premium for $30 here. It says you have to be a student also, but I've read people with [email protected] get it, so YMMV. When it send you the link to order, you can upgrade to Professional for no charge. This is a digital download, but a physical copy can be had for an extra $13.

what an awesome deal, i totally went for it

thanx for the heads up redtigerdragon

:D

I notice you wrote that after they send you the link you can upgrade the Home Premium to Professional for free, however I do not see that option. Am I missing something or did I just misunderstood what you wrote?

I notice you wrote that after they send you the link you can upgrade the Home Premium to Professional for free, however I do not see that option. Am I missing something or did I just misunderstood what you wrote?

Here is a direct link, but it will only work after you register with a valid email address.