MJCRO

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

95% of people under 30 say that. :lol:

Well I might not be exactly accurate on that assumption but I am sure in my car alot. About 30-40 hours each week. Traveling back and forth from school, and as a delivery driver I am driving alot.

I put about 10k miles on my car already that I bought 4 months ago.

Yes, but in my case it's true. People look at me funny when I've told them that I've driven from NJ to Florida and Texas and Canada. They're also amazed at my ability to drive a RWD car in a foot of snow. I've logged many many miles in the ten years I've been driving. I'd say I qualify as the 5% who isn't just puffing himself up.

True. I've been on a track enough to say I qualify up there for being able to handle a car better than most as well. :P

Well I might not be exactly accurate on that assumption but I am sure in my car alot. About 30-40 hours each week. Traveling back and forth from school, and as a delivery driver I am driving alot.

I put about 10k miles on my car already that I bought 4 months ago.

Ugh, don't remind me. 3 months after I bought my car I already had an extra 9k on the clock. :/

Grats on your license, now get used to carting your friends who don't have licenses around... I began to feel like a very poorly paid taxi driver so I bought a motorcycle and it's SOOO much better. More fun too.

I bet 100% of the 95% say this too. :rolleyes:

:lol: True that.

I learned how to drive on a race course though...I'm fairly certain that makes me better at controlling a vehicle than 99% of the people with a license in the US. :P

But you shouldnt have the car at 'it's limits' on the road, EVER. So why teach people to drive quickly. They need to learn how to keep in their lane, negotiate junctions, signal at the correct time and keep to the speed limit.

Not race....that's a silly idea

Good job! Don't get cocky now! B:)

I passed mines yesterday too at starret city ny, on my FIRST TRY!!!I had female examiner i was a little scared, because they always say that woman are the hardest examiners, she made me park in a tight spot between two cars, but i got it in perfect, i saw her smilling like if she expected me no to be able to do it or hit the car infront or behind me, she said i did very well,but she still gave me 5 points, i ask her why, she said that i did everything ok , its just that there was a car infront of me that was parking and she felt that i should have waited a little longer before i drive off, i said i waited till there was enough space for my car to pass with out crossing the double yellow line,She said if she could she would have given me 2 or 3 points , but 5 point is the lowest point on their scoring sheet . Anyway i SO HAPPY!!!!!!

They need to learn how to keep in their lane, negotiate junctions, signal at the correct time and keep to the speed limit.

Not race....that's a silly idea

That's not really true. I understand your point that they shouldn't be out there racing, but just because they're not doesn't mean that the skills acquired while racing don't apply.

For example, a while ago I drove a 2WD Dodge Dakota Sport with a 318 V8 and no traction control. Needless to say, this is not an ideal car for Michigan winters. Tons of power and no weight in the back to keep the wheels from losing grip? It meant even touching the gas would spin the tires. So every year after the first big snow I'd go out and fill the gas tank and "race" around a particular empty parking lot until my tank was empty. By spending a whole night sliding my truck around in the snow, I got very used to handling the car in those conditions, to the point where it was just second nature and I didn't have to think about it anymore. That way, if I ever had a bad situation on the road, I would react instinctively, just like I practiced, rather than panic. It came in handy on more than one occasion when I would find myself sliding for one reason or another.

That's not really true. I understand your point that they shouldn't be out there racing, but just because they're not doesn't mean that the skills acquired while racing don't apply.

For example, a while ago I drove a 2WD Dodge Dakota Sport with a 318 V8 and no traction control. Needless to say, this is not an ideal car for Michigan winters. Tons of power and no weight in the back to keep the wheels from losing grip? It meant even touching the gas would spin the tires. So every year after the first big snow I'd go out and fill the gas tank and "race" around a particular empty parking lot until my tank was empty. By spending a whole night sliding my truck around in the snow, I got very used to handling the car in those conditions, to the point where it was just second nature and I didn't have to think about it anymore. That way, if I ever had a bad situation on the road, I would react instinctively, just like I practiced, rather than panic. It came in handy on more than one occasion when I would find myself sliding for one reason or another.

This 100000%. If you know your car and how it handles you are MUCH more prepared in emergency situations to do exactly what is needed by instinct.

My car has no traction control, more power than needed, and summer (dry weather) tires. To top it off it's relatively lightweight and has a very stiff suspension. If I didn't know how to handle it at its limits I'd be a danger to others if I was in a situation where I had to stop quickly or avoid an obstacle.

Once you get a feel for your car at its limits reacting properly is second nature. :)

Nuff Said! :lol::D:lol:

Lol, I actually saw some chick she was really nervous in front of me, idk if she passed, but I did!

Ughh, so happy.

You should have found out if she failed and then if she did tell her that you just got your license and could show her the secrets if she went out with you :lol:

Yes, but in my case it's true. People look at me funny when I've told them that I've driven from NJ to Florida and Texas and Canada. They're also amazed at my ability to drive a RWD car in a foot of snow. I've logged many many miles in the ten years I've been driving. I'd say I qualify as the 5% who isn't just puffing himself up.

This 100000%. If you know your car and how it handles you are MUCH more prepared in emergency situations to do exactly what is needed by instinct.

My car has no traction control, more power than needed, and summer (dry weather) tires. To top it off it's relatively lightweight and has a very stiff suspension. If I didn't know how to handle it at its limits I'd be a danger to others if I was in a situation where I had to stop quickly or avoid an obstacle.

Once you get a feel for your car at its limits reacting properly is second nature. :)

Yup, snow drifting is the best. Of course now that I have a FWD car it's not as fun with having to pull the e-brake to kick the rear out.

As for being more experienced than the average 21 year old or even 40 year old. I'd say definitely, I always try new things with my car so I know how it will handle in any given scenario (or as many as I can imitate). Being a delivery boy really gives you time to learn how to drive it all.

I had this guy yell at me and claim that I didn't know the rules of the road because HE was a prick and jumped out from an entrance onto a circle with his big truck. I don't stand for drivers like that and at the first opportunity I cut him off and then he followed me back to the store. I told him off because age has NOTHING to do with driving skill or knowledge of rules of the road, I hate people like that and seek them out so I can educate them, at any cost.

A more recent case: I rammed some guy the other day in my new car because he was trying to force his way in with his SUV and didn't yield to me, the one already in the lane. His side of his brand new Mazda CX7 was all scratched up from my mirror digging into his paint, all I got was a paint chip on my mirror and a tire outline on my door (which I scrubbed out pretty easy with a towel). It felt so good that his paint got so messed up though, I know where he works too so once I buy the touch up paint for my mirror, I will go up there and have him pay for it.

Edited by IVIYTH0S