Zune HD or iPod Touch

XxHellxRaizerxX

I've only had my iPhone for a few weeks, but I have friends who have had iTouches for well over a year and the touchscreens work just like they did on day one, and one of them I know for sure doesn't even use a screen protector/case.

Are you just cleaning it with a lint-free cloth?

I'm using the cloth that was included with it, what am I supposed to use?(It's a serious question, I have no clue what I am really supposed to use to clean it :( )

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a fan of dragging and dropping, that's one thing I disliked about my Zune since all my Creatives spoiled me with drag and drop (or the software was decent too, if I needed to convert movies).

Drag and Drop FTW

I'm using the cloth that was included with it, what am I supposed to use?(It's a serious question, I have no clue what I am really supposed to use to clean it :( )

Cloth should be enough, I would think. It's an LCD so you can probably use water with a tiny bit of soap, but you don't want it going into any of the seams, obviously. I have a screen protector on mine and have merely uses a lint-free cloth so far.

I am a fan of dragging and dropping, that's one thing I disliked about my Zune since all my Creatives spoiled me with drag and drop (or the software was decent too, if I needed to convert movies).

Drag and Drop FTW

I never really understand that argument. I mean, is it really that much of a pain to drag-n-drop into iTunes rather than directly onto your device? meh.

I never really understand that argument. I mean, is it really that much of a pain to drag-n-drop into iTunes rather than directly onto your device? meh.

Yes, I can just pop the player in and pop the songs on and then be off. It's probably about even, but I never even have to get the software in the first place. It's OPTIONAL in the creative case, and MANDATORY with the Ipod/Zune. It's my player and I appreciate it if the manufacturer let's me use it how I'd like to. (no matter how seemingly similar our methods are) I think Itunes alone will keep me away from the Ipods (along with my many other reasons, though I like the Itouch/Iphone series, the other players have better alternatives out there) or the Zunes (great player but I like software independence). You'd think with a MICROSOFT Zune, you could explore your player with MICROSOFT windows explorer....but no, it's software or the highway.

IVI, your idea only makes sense if you have like no time to get your music on your MP3/MP4 player. Sure Itunes takes a while, took me like 10 mins to put all my songs on, but thats because I got all the artwork and stuff. It works perfectly. Do you only have 5 minutes to put your music on your MP3/MP4 player?

IVI, your idea only makes sense if you have like no time to get your music on your MP3/MP4 player. Sure Itunes takes a while, took me like 10 mins to put all my songs on, but thats because I got all the artwork and stuff. It works perfectly. Do you only have 5 minutes to put your music on your MP3/MP4 player?

Whether I have time or not it's the simple principle of me wanting to interface with MY player MY way. :P

You'd think with a MICROSOFT Zune, you could explore your player with MICROSOFT windows explorer....but no, it's software or the highway.

you can in fact explore the zune from windows explorer. you just have to make windows think its an external hard drive. a couple of edited registry keys later and voila your wish is granted

you can in fact explore the zune from windows explorer. you just have to make windows think its an external hard drive. a couple of edited registry keys later and voila your wish is granted

oh.....noted for future reference, but for now the bigger micro sd is satisifying my needs just dandy!

I think it's a lot simpler to use a program like iTunes to manage my music for my player and listening on my PC. I don't know if this holds true with most people but I do not listen to every song from every album I have, so playlists are key, and these are much simpler to do in iTunes cause you avoid dupes and whatnot and can easily drop a song or add one to said playlist.

My jeans work great at wiping away grime and fingerprints from my iPhone. A couple of swipes and bam, good as new.

I think it's a lot simpler to use a program like iTunes to manage my music for my player and listening on my PC. I don't know if this holds true with most people but I do not listen to every song from every album I have, so playlists are key, and these are much simpler to do in iTunes cause you avoid dupes and whatnot and can easily drop a song or add one to said playlist.

Whenever I rip new albums I leave them in a folder "unadded" and keep all the songs I want in a folder "mp3." Have the music library set to load from the "mp3" folder and have it to sync all. Basically once a week I go through the "unadded" and just start deleting all the songs I don't like then transferring the ones I do to the "mp3" folder. That why I can always just leave it on sync all, instead of what I choose.

If someone hasn't linked this already: Engadget's Zune HD review

Ouch, and OLED screen in sunlight. Looks like my cellphone, can barely see anything.

zune_outside.jpg

Edited by Krazyxazn