Internet asks to reconnect after 20 minutes ??

RadioActivated

Well it could be anything really. What's you connection(DSL/Cable)? Is your computer hooked directly into the modem or are you using a router? What kind of router is it? Is this only effecting your computer?

Well it could be anything really. What's you connection(DSL/Cable)? Is your computer hooked directly into the modem or are you using a router? What kind of router is it? Is this only effecting your computer?
I am using cable with a modem, it's not affecting my computer, it just says: Yo've been connected for 20 minutes would you like to reconnect ? I am not using a router.

I am using cable with a modem, it's not affecting my computer, it just says: Yo've been connected for 20 minutes would you like to reconnect ? I am not using a router.

What brand of modem and what provider? Is this a windows message or something from some sort of installed software?

Alright...So does it only do this when your not using the internet or will it happen right in the middle of doing something online? I'm asking because I think you may have a setting on that disconnects you if your idle for x minutes. Could you go to Network Connections in the Control Panel and tell me what you have in there?

Edited by RimX

agreed it could be something like that, although I think I've only seen those options for dial up.

Isn't there some type of power save option in some bioses that powers down the network after no activity for a period of time?

Another place to try, which is also a power saving feature, would be: Network connection, (assuming) Local Area Connection, properties, configure, power management. Not sure if any option here would result in the problem you're having, but worth a shot to shut all the power saving features off for your network card. If it doesn't fix it, you could always switch back.