Whats the diffrence between these cards? +Whats a good card for $

Assassin X

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$100; half the rebates are unreliable.

either way the 9800GT would be the same price without rebates, and therefore the 4850 is still preferred. I've never had issues with rebates. Either one'd get a better card for less or a better card for the same price.

either way the 9800GT would be the same price without rebates, and therefore the 4850 is still preferred. I've never had issues with rebates. Either one'd get a better card for less or a better card for the same price.

I'd prefer this 4850, shipped.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102824

For kicks I downloaded the Crysis demo and ran it full specs, got a minor frame drop to about 25ish FPS for a few seconds during a ingame cutscene in the jungle. Other then that no real problems!

full specs? >_>.. no way fps is that high with 4850 only.

is your AA even on? O_o

I am not a total benchmark geek but max specs doesn't mean res included right? I'll feel stupid if it does mean that. >.<

Yes everything was maxed excepted my res which was, well see here. I didn't go higher because I thought it wasn't widescreen... although looking I see in fact it is. I'd probably drop to many FPS though at that point. I'll have to tweak the full game like I did the demo thanks to Tweak Guide:

---edit---

BTW I do run it fullscreen, I don't know why the button is unchecked. >.>

crysisxn.jpg

crysis2x.jpg

Edited by Assassin X

BTW in case anyone is wondering I turn off everything when run a game like Virus programs and most background tasks to save everything for a game. So add that to game tweaks and every extra frame boost helps.

But so you know my rig still sucks apparently because in the new 3DMark Advantage test I maxed out things (except res which was somewhat near the highest) and during the space test FPS dropped sometimes near 7-8 fps. Although usually it averaged about 24.

But so you know my rig still sucks apparently because in the new 3DMark Advantage test I maxed out things (except res which was somewhat near the highest) and during the space test FPS dropped sometimes near 7-8 fps. Although usually it averaged about 24.

:lol: Your rig doesn't suck because that's not smooth. Hell, it's not always smooth on my 4870X2. :P