Failed my road test once, Next test 17th :(

MJCRO

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in NY you basically can't pass if you hit the curb once when parallel parking. I did it once to get my license and never parallel parked again, what a useless thing.

Edited by hornybluecow

I hit the cone (on the line) when I parallel parked and passed. In fact, that wasn't even close to why I was worrying about failing. I was making a right turn where there was a sign, two poles, and a bush on the left so I could barely see anything, then a car turned right onto the road from the nearest road on my left. Well I ALMOST got hit by that car. Then that freaked me out and also later I asked the instructor what way to go when I was turning onto a one-way road.

MI is pretty lenient though, because I passed. I think the instructor could tell that I was really nervous, too.

but I just bumped into the curb twice when parallel parking which is basically a instant fail.

I'm not sure how your state is...but generally that'll just get you a couple points off. Did you ask the instructor what you did wrong?

Wow. Out here they are really lax. I never had to parallel park on my test (not that it would've done me any good, my pickup literally can't turn well enough to parallel park in tight places with... I hate it!), and a friend of mine passed after running over a sign.

The first time I went on a road test, I did BADLY. I failed. Hard.

My score was a -36. A fail is -10.

The second time I got -9 (2 items, yielding to someone at a green light, final position on parallel park).

Don't get discouraged. You'll get it. :D

I failed the first time too, I wasn't paying attention to my speed and hit like 45mph in a 30. Both times I paralel parked I totally failed but Minnesota doesn't really care if you can or not because I have yet to need that skill since.

Live in Florida, parallel parking isn't required on the driver test. Didn't even drive on the road. We used the test track behind the DMV. I think that's what helped me pass. Not having to worry about other drivers.

I never drove more than 10 hours before taking my driver's license test. I pretty much got my license the week before college started. 30 min - 1 hr drives everyday, you pretty much learn from your mistakes and get used to all the traffic.

Edited by Krazyxazn