Failed my road test once, Next test 17th :(

MJCRO

I was pretty bummed out the first time I took the test. I'm not gonna lie, I felt really confident and was really eager to get my license, but that's what basically set me up. I'm just accepting the fact that I'll probably fail again, I really don't care anymore. It's such a joke, I did fine my first time, but I just bumped into the curb twice when parallel parking which is basically a instant fail. What are some your guys experiences, cause I rather hear from someone else then just get criticized...

<_<

PASSED ON THE 17th :D

Edited by MJCRO

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go practice more! When I was getting my license in MD, they required 60 hours of logged driving with a parent or guardian (or a licensed driver over 21 - having had a license of their own for 3+ years). I practiced parallel parking over and over, it becomes second nature. If you're close to urban areas...parallel park on both sides (ie. one way streets).

Oh...if you want to figure out how close you are to the curb (and you're unsure of your car's width), power mirrors are really helpful, just point the passenger side one down and that'll be that. :)

As far as parallel parking, my father taught it to me but ive NEVER practiced it, it was not asked for me during my driver's exam (maybe Florida Law is more lax than others?)

My drivers exam overall was more nerve racking than anything, asking my girl friend out as a million times easier.... when driving with a parent, they let things slide, when you have a county deputy (maybe just me as well), you are afraid to turn, left and right get blurred, you dont know whats what.... ugh!!!!! In anycase i did pass on my first attempt, while being scared shatless for a good 20 minutes (the cop was talkative and tried relaxing me... didnt help >.<)

The only thing I failed was parallel parking, I did go over the line slightly @ a stop sign but she gave me that mistake. Parallel parking by its self wont cause you to fail your road test at least here in WI, you gotta do other stuff to fail too. I passed me first attempt as well. I know a few people that it took more then 2 tries to get it, and I just LOL at them ...

just keep practicing...you want to learn to do things gracefully and not stressful...

if you stress in a situation this is usually teh time you get into trouble...relax and practice..

they are only trying to help you...the accident they are saving you from may be the one that saves your life....

Saturday a 16year old boy died locally...passed a slower moving car and lost control....

also Monday a 18year old boy died as he failed to slow for a stoplight...

Times like these you DONT get a 2nd chance...thankfully you do...dont take driving lightly...

Just practice more. I've had my license long enough that I didn't have to do a road test with a cop, just with my instructor at driver's ed. But just practice, especially on the stuff they nailed you on last time. You should find an empty parking lot and just parallel park over and over and over until it's second nature.

I actually passed the parallel parking test in my family's van lol, I think that's why I never had to go on the driving portion of the test, he just was like "you pass" haha.

Just believe you can do it, and you can do it (I had never practiced with the van)

also nudging the curb is part of it, just don't hop the curb or slam the curb but gently tap it to feel where you are, then just turn your wheel all the way to the right, go forward a little, then repeat full left wheel turn until you're straight (you get really close this way too ;))

Edited by IVIYTH0S