Kaos

Screwed by UPS... saved by EVGA.

Last week, my EVGA 9800gtx+ died. Suddenly started artifacting out of nowhere, garbled text on the reboot... t'was ugly. :unsure:

I spoke with a tech support guy on the phone. Without the need to actually say so, he recognized my level of knowledge from how I described the problem, and we spoke a bit about what I had done to troubleshoot, and determined that it was, in fact, a hardware failure of some sort. Nice guy, knowledgeable about his product, and knew how to recognize the fact that he could use big words with the person on the other end of the phone. :P

So, I went through their online RMA process. Very quick, and easy to take care of. It was approved the next day, and the email from them included a shipping label to send the card with.

Since I get a large discount at FedEx, I overnighted the card to them. Got the email with the tracking number for the return shipment the same day they received it. Nice quick turnaround.

UPS made 2 delivery attempts on days I wasn't home, left InfoNotices both times. Final attempt was to be yesterday. I stayed home all day to make sure that I would not miss it. Didn't even go out for lunch. Never saw a UPS driver. No new InfoNotice left, either. They, of course, claim that a delivery attempt was made, despite the fact that from where I was at the time they say that attempt was made, there is no way I would have missed either the doorbell, or a knock on the door, or just the sound of the truck in the driveway.

I called them last night to find out what the deal was. They said it was scheduled to be returned to the shipper, and they would try to stop it. No luck on that, of course, they didn't catch it, and it's on its way back to California, with nothing anybody can do until it gets there. I talked to a person here at the local hub, who said they could talk to the driver and see if he remembers anything about my house/neighborhood/etc to see if he was really here, but that, of course, still doesn't get my machine back up and running again.

EVGA to the rescue. Called their customer service / RMA department to see if there was anything that could be done. They called UPS, then called me back. Confirmed that there was nothing that could be done to stop the package from being returned at this point. Then they offered to ship me a new one, today, via 2-day air, at their expense.

And that, folks, is how you keep a customer. :thumbs-up:

I had heard that EVGA's customer service was top-notch. And now I can confirm that.

Last week, my EVGA 9800gtx+ died. Suddenly started artifacting out of nowhere, garbled text on the reboot... t'was ugly. :unsure:

I spoke with a tech support guy on the phone. Without the need to actually say so, he recognized my level of knowledge from how I described the problem, and we spoke a bit about what I had done to troubleshoot, and determined that it was, in fact, a hardware failure of some sort. Nice guy, knowledgeable about his product, and knew how to recognize the fact that he could use big words with the person on the other end of the phone. :P

So, I went through their online RMA process. Very quick, and easy to take care of. It was approved the next day, and the email from them included a shipping label to send the card with.

Since I get a large discount at FedEx, I overnighted the card to them. Got the email with the tracking number for the return shipment the same day they received it. Nice quick turnaround.

UPS made 2 delivery attempts on days I wasn't home, left InfoNotices both times. Final attempt was to be yesterday. I stayed home all day to make sure that I would not miss it. Didn't even go out for lunch. Never saw a UPS driver. No new InfoNotice left, either. They, of course, claim that a delivery attempt was made, despite the fact that from where I was at the time they say that attempt was made, there is no way I would have missed either the doorbell, or a knock on the door, or just the sound of the truck in the driveway.

I called them last night to find out what the deal was. They said it was scheduled to be returned to the shipper, and they would try to stop it. No luck on that, of course, they didn't catch it, and it's on its way back to California, with nothing anybody can do until it gets there. I talked to a person here at the local hub, who said they could talk to the driver and see if he remembers anything about my house/neighborhood/etc to see if he was really here, but that, of course, still doesn't get my machine back up and running again.

EVGA to the rescue. Called their customer service / RMA department to see if there was anything that could be done. They called UPS, then called me back. Confirmed that there was nothing that could be done to stop the package from being returned at this point. Then they offered to ship me a new one, today, via 2-day air, at their expense.

And that, folks, is how you keep a customer. :thumbs-up:

I had heard that EVGA's customer service was top-notch. And now I can confirm that.

cool, did they upgrade your card too?? :P

That is awesome of EVGA. Even though their procuct failed they stood behind it and made things right. That's the way to do business.

I have my own UPS horror stories. Last year they failed to deliver a package from Newegg. I have security cameras at both doors and there is a long driveway so only one way to drive in. Tracking was marked as "Delivered" but I had no package. Talked with Newegg's live support and they offered me a refund or to ship the products again at no expense to me and that Newegg would take care of the complaint with UPS. A week later I had everything I had paid for. UPS waited 2 weeks from their "Delivered" date and started calling me 5x a day. After 3 days they sent one of their drivers out who asked me to fill out some paperwork and then asked me, "Are you sure it wasn't delivered?". I took him over to the PC I record the security cameras to and showed him the delivery day's security footage. He was speechless. No truck, no delivery. Somebody has a 1TB HDD, Windows Vista 64 bit Premium DVD, and 8GB of Mushkin RAM that they didn't pay for. It's not any of my neighbors I'm sure as they bring their PCs to me to work on.

I've since been punished by UPS for their failure. They won't leave a package at the door like they used to and must get a signature from me in order to deliver. Fed-Ex and the Postal Service doesn't and I've never had an issue. I always choose Fed-Ex whenever possible. Whenever forced to use UPS I've had them do a single knock and run back to their truck. It's like they don't really want to deliver the packages they're paid to deliver. I can't stand them or their little brown uniforms now.

What can Brown steal from you?

That's pretty nice of them. I had bad experiences with UPS too. Either they delivery to the wrong house (2-3 times now) or they barely knock or yell then take off.

I've had both UPS and FedEx do the drop-and-run, especially on any package that they don't require a signature for. I had one not too long ago that I actually heard the truck pull into the driveway, and by the time I made it downstairs and to the door, he was already backing out of the driveway, package was on the porch, no knock, no doorbell.

I rma'ed a 7950gt ko to them about a year and a half ago and they sent me an 8800gts in return...good service.

very cool , when i was getting gtx 275 i wanted evga but it was out of stock so i got gigabyte and it is very good ...........:)

Thats cool

On a side not could you clean up your signature NEA? There's so many unnecessary periods and oversized letters.

i like it this way..........although you are write , i will give it a try

edit : how you like it now

Edited by N.E.A

UPS is a trucking company that bought some airplanes to ship stuff.

FedEx is an airline that bought some trucks to help with package movement.

The customer service models are entirely different. One is based on customers being happy, the other is based on the boxes getting there to get paid. I used to do cargo feeder air service for UPS and i had to load everything myself (sometimes 4,000 lbs of boxes), and the destination station manager treated us like outside dogs, not allowed inside to get warm. The FedEx guys weren't allowed to load their own stuff it because if they got hurt, who would fly the plane?.....noone....service missed.

very happy to hear EVGA is doing well enough to step up and keep their peeps happy. even if it costs them a bit of money, at worst they probably broke even on the profit of that particular item. still, good job EVGA. and FedEx ftw.