Sign in to follow this  
d3bruts1d

What Search Engine do you use?

What Search Engine do you use?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. I use...

• Google
    • Bing (aka MSN Search & Windows Live Search)
    • Yahoo
    • Cuil
    • AltaVista
    • Ask.com (aka Ask Jeeves)
    • Lycos
    • Dogpile
    • All The Web
    • Excite
    • Search.com
    • Twitter
    • Other

Recently switched to Bing use yahoo sometimes.

I really like the Bing layout and results.

For general searches: Google

For map searches, usually Google Maps, but also Bing (Microsoft) Maps, because of the Bird's Eye View

Example:

Google Maps (satellite view): http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sour...mp;t=h&z=19

googlemapse.jpg

Bing Maps (bird's eye view): http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&...j&encType=1

bingmaps.jpg

it's pretty handy in cities, when seeing the sides of buildings is often more useful than a top-down view... you can rotate the view aswell, to see from 4 different angles :)

I've found it handy for finding stuff like the entrance to a retail park or the way to get into a train station by car, etc...

That's sweet, google maps might have to sit out if I really get into this

I like Google Map's Street view, but its so slow navigating with street view. Bird's view looks like it can do the job and faster.

Google for everything. Gmail, Chrome, Google search, etc. :P

Google for everything. Gmail, Chrome, Google search, etc. :P

I'm a firefox man myself, and I don't know what people hate about hotmail. I've used it for years and love it

I'm a firefox man myself, and I don't know what people hate about hotmail. I've used it for years and love it

Same here, i cant remember a time i've ever used anything other than Hotmail. But for searches of any sort i use google too, i guess its become one of those universal things? (want a hoover get a dyson, want a tv get a samsung ect..) but i am surprised so many people use it, despite googles blatant spying, siriously if you own google you own the world. I would'nt be surprised if secret services across the globe have some sort of contract with them :lol:

Edited by SenitaL

Well, Google's dominance shows by the fact that it's the only search engine turned into a proper verb.

I remember learning French and my teacher telling us that to google something was an er verb, essentially googler.

I use Google, Chrome, but Yahoo for e-mail because it would be really inconvenient to switch, especially since it has no forwarding option.

Edited by tkrow21

I use Google as my homepage is the iGoogle thing so it checks my email and display a bunch of other stuff there as well.