:(

suchuwato

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I find it hard to believe only 39% of people believe in evolution, that makes me sad. I went to school in Connecticut and as far as I can remember it was never even mentioned in school. What a shame, I want to see this movie.

ya i bet that poll was conducted by a bias researcher

I thought even some state schools, especially in" the bible belt" didn't teach it?

Cheers

Paul

That's not true at all. State schools all teach evolution (yes, even in the bible belt).

It's a sad state of affairs though...people in this country are so damn blind about so many things. :(

I'm an atheist but please don't hold that against me.

I think it's a shame that this film, and probably others, cannot be shown in some areas of the USA. Charles Darwin and his theories on human evolution aren't even taught in some American schools, is that right?

Cheers

Paul

+1

well i'm silly, here all this time i thought darwin proposed the "theory of natural selection". and yes now i want to see it

That's not true at all. State schools all teach evolution (yes, even in the bible belt).

It's a sad state of affairs though...people in this country are so damn blind about so many things. :(

yes this is as ridiculous as the nationalized health care haters refusing to watch michael moore's sicko

ignorance might be bliss for some folks but it sure is a pita for the rest of us

kwik edit:

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

--HERBERT SPENCER

yes this is as ridiculous as the nationalized health care haters refusing to watch michael moore's sicko

I refuse to watch any of the garbage that Michael Moore spews into cinema. :glare:

I refuse to watch any of the garbage that Michael Moore spews into cinema. :glare:

yes you get to make the choice waco whether or not to watch his garbage, in this instance the choice to watch or not to was taken away by someone so we seek out other means of educating ourselves

I find it hard to believe that only 39% of Americans believe in evolution, however maybe my view is skewed by the fact that all my schooling has occurred in New York, even college. I can't even fathom how biology gets taught without talk of Darwin and evolution. It's really sad if 39% is actually accurate.

It looks like I may have to wind up downloading this one, which is a shame since the producers won't get money for it.

yes you get to make the choice waco whether or not to watch his garbage, in this instance the choice to watch or not to was taken away by someone so we seek out other means of educating ourselves

I know and I find it as ridiculous as you do. I'm still not going to support Moore's crap. :lol:

I can't even fathom how biology gets taught without talk of Darwin and evolution.

Only in private schools...and I'm not sure how they get away with calling it biology. :lol:

Edited by Waco