HD4850 not working...

cali101

The other day, I came home to start my pc and it wouldn't start - C1 error on the little screen. I solved that by resetting the cmos, using the jumper, and it started fine. After this, i started to get artifacts on the screen when gaming (I was playing the "Trine" demo on highest settings). I looked at the temps and they're absolutely fine, highest temperature under load is around 78 degrees. I ran a stress test - OCCT v 3.1.0 gpu test - and its max temps were 77 degrees before my computer crashed (the screen went blank and the fan slowed down again). This was about 5 minutes into the test!

I have the gpu and memory frequencies at stock settings...

Can anybody help me???

Cali101

That's probably the case; 77C isn't even warm for an HD4850.

77C? That's like freezing temperature for the HD4850 :lol:

But yeah, check your PSU.(Everyone here says go with the tiny PSU's because you don't need a lot of power, this is what happens when you do that...)

Off-Topic, kinda - Why are the HD4850's so hot? My HD4870 is like 48ish Celsius when being used in a game...(Its the one from HIS with the little Fan on it, not the regular one)

Off-Topic, kinda - Why are the HD4850's so hot? My HD4870 is like 48ish Celsius when being used in a game...(Its the one from HIS with the little Fan on it, not the regular one)

It depends on your case, your ambient temps, your cooler, etc. You probably have really good conditions for a graphics card.

Ok, thanks - i have three other psus (one of them is more powerful) i'll try them.

If not, I'll either get an HD4890 (its the same price now as what i paid for my hd4850 last year!), or one of the new cards when they come out...

Ok, thanks - i have three other psus (one of them is more powerful) i'll try them.

If not, I'll either get an HD4890 (its the same price now as what i paid for my hd4850 last year!), or one of the new cards when they come out...

you will not wait longer than 3 weeks i think

http://www.techpowerup.com/103612/Radeon_H...on_Spotted.html

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/news/video/...tured-detailed/