antivirus which one to install

N.E.A

i want to install one of these two which one will be better and what are the pros and cons of them.......:)

thanks in advance.........:)

I'm generally against norton, it is bloated at best. AVG is a great program, I use it along with threatfire and haven't had any malware problems.

great , but why is norton so bad.....?

great , but why is norton so bad.....?

Norton isn't bad, I use it on 3 out of 6 of the computers in the house. It is just a system hog. I tried it on my netbook and it didn't boot up very quick after it was installed so I went back to AVG 8.5, that's what I use on the other 3...

Edited by the_dude

Norton has always been a resource hog in the past... but Norton has received so much criticism for that that they've completely revamped the 2009 version (and the 360, version 3.0) ... it is much more stream lined and much less bloated.... even comes with a performance monitor.

I'd take it over AVG.... but AVG is free. You may want to check out Avast, which is better than AVG IMO... AVG got a little too bloated for me after v8.0.

Norton has always been a resource hog in the past... but Norton has received so much criticism for that that they've completely revamped the 2009 version (and the 360, version 3.0) ... it is much more stream lined and much less bloated.... even comes with a performance monitor.

I'd take it over AVG.... but AVG is free. You may want to check out Avast, which is better than AVG IMO... AVG got a little too bloated for me after v8.0.

yeah but 8.5 is better than 8.0

Id give my vote to AVG. When I used it, I was always fairly happy with it. (Now I have come to realise AV software is totally unnecessary. Just use Spybot S&D now :D. No problems for over 4 years now :O)