UPDATE:

5870 Benchmark:

I'm not sure if this is confirmed, but it's still cool. Link

:thumbs-up:

Edited by MJCRO

The Card Link

The Specs Another Link

:thumbs-up:

Probably would buy the 5870 if I hadn't just recently purchased the 4890.

Anybody else think the new card looks like it's wrapped in suede?

I don't like the way the PCB is covered in the suspicious suede material.

Think i'll buy the 5890x2 when it is released though... Gonna have to upgrade to Windows 7 aswell. Gah. So long XP, it's been good.

I'm def. gonna scrap my 4890 for a 5870 in a few month's, but I wanna wait a while before better prices, revisions, and drivers are released.

i hope that the card and the new lineup can catch up with nvidia`s best cards , if the 5870 is worth the money and faster than gtx 285 or can match it i will get one for the i5 build , thanks for the information by the way .....:)

Besides the DX 11 support it doesn't look much better then the 4890. ATI has known to have alot more shaders on cards then NVIDIA the problem is they never seem to be able to get it to work properly. Time will tell whats going to happen here if I was a betting man I would think 25% performance increase and I am thinking I am a little on the high side. I can't wait until launch time :)

I was told this morning that we are still looking at the 24th but of course that could change overnight.

I am waiting on them... :)

me too , but i will not get one till gtx 300 , to make the best decision ..........:)..............

Besides the DX 11 support it doesn't look much better then the 4890. ATI has known to have alot more shaders on cards then NVIDIA the problem is they never seem to be able to get it to work properly. Time will tell whats going to happen here if I was a betting man I would think 25% performance increase and I am thinking I am a little on the high side. I can't wait until launch time :)

I was told this morning that we are still looking at the 24th but of course that could change overnight.

Exactly, I mean everone's getting all excited over what they see and read. I'm actually disappointed by what I've seen leaked so far. The only thing that will make me happy is that they do well in real world performance, 1600shaders SOUNDS impressive but 800 shaders didn't make the 4870 top dog.