Mice Levitated in Lab

tjmagneto

I came across this article and now we have levitating mice thanks to superconducting magnets. I'm afraid to hear how powerful the magnet was used to levitate the mice but I'd give it a go when they perfect it for people.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to bet that the magnet was insanely powerful, levitating the water content of a being is amazing!

It actually kicked around and started to spin, and without friction, it could spin faster and faster, and we think that made it even more disoriented.
I think they better go run some tests on that, I'm not sure they know what they're talking about...

:P

After reading the article I'm thinking the article may have been translated(poorly), or someone took the real article or findings and make it there own. Some of the grammar in it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I may not have the worlds best English, but something doesn't sounds right. I know they have been doing these experiments for awhile, on a variety of different organic and inorganic material. I'm surprised they managed to get a mammal to float since its water content compared to a frogs is somewhat less.

I'm willing to bet that the magnet was insanely powerful, levitating the water content of a being is amazing!

I think they better go run some tests on that, I'm not sure they know what they're talking about...

:P

I'd like to know how strong that magnet is as well. I know of some research MRI machines that made people see stars and became disoriented at high field strengths (7 Tesla+ or about 2-3 times stronger than those in hospitals and such).

What about giant superconducting magnets?

Just look at my avitar. Seriously, there have been accidents involving MRI machines, including one fatality that I'm aware of.

Edited by tjmagneto