Hello all.

barra240t

Hi everyone.

I go by the name Nigel, but I use the screen name barra240t and I am new to the forum and the world of over clocking.

Believe it or not, I am a Mac user (since forever) with a 2008 Mac Pro, which is an awesome computer. However, after trying out Windows 7, I am now switching to the "Dark Side" (according to my fellow Mac users)

I like the idea of being able to build a computer and do almost anything I want to it. I am fairly competent with computers, I have built PCs for mates and family members in the past, but haven't over clocked. I have done some reading and understand the concept, just haven't got around to doing it yet.

I prefer Intel and want to make a SLI machine, so if anyone can recommend some good motherboards, etc.

I have been eyeing off the ASUS Striker 2 Extreme for some time, has anyone had any experience with that board?

I have included a picture of my current setup for people who cannot believe I am a Mac user.

post-68672-1252462964_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Club! ^_^ im an AMD/ATI man myself so ill leave this for the other guys :P

But from what i know the first striker extreme was plagued with problems, i think the new one should be fine though. Id stick with something from the RoG (Republic of gamers) as they have some sweet motherboards, but thats just me ;)

Barra240t,

Thank you for evaluating Windows 7 and it's great to hear that you are enjoying your experience so much! If you are planning on purchasing Windows 7 when it is released it may be helpful to know you don't have to wait until October to reserve your copy of Win 7! You can pre-order your copy of Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional today. For more information, see the Windows 7 Pre-Order offer page here: http://tinyurl.com/nldc8p

Jessica

Microsoft Windows Client Team