Intel Core i5 750 Core i7 870 Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously... it would be pointless since your system can't use DDR3 ;)

You know what I mean!! Like until the next platform I get strong-arms me into running DDR3 exclusively, I will not do it.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I assume you left it off since it will max out at different speeds for different chips of the same type. Right?

I left it off to gain repeatability of the benchmarks. Its realy the only way to make sure that the clock speed is what you set. There is one review out there that I know of that left turbo on and it shows in the benchs.

would turbo mode go .7ghz higher from your max overclock if you left it on?? since it bumps the 750 up from 2.5 to 3.2ghz or would the chip not allow it to work unless stock clocked??

On Mine I witnessed 3.14 in Cinebenchs single thread test. With a lighter load you can probably hit 3.2

On Mine I witnessed 3.14 in Cinebenchs single thread test. With a lighter load you can probably hit 3.2

I understand that,but I only meant that if you overclocked to say 3.3ghz, would turbo take it up to 4.0ghz or to be more realistic 3.94ghz?? Or does the turbo function not exceed the jump from a stock clocked cpu??

I understand that,but I only meant that if you overclocked to say 3.3ghz, would turbo take it up to 4.0ghz or to be more realistic 3.94ghz?? Or does the turbo function not exceed the jump from a stock clocked cpu??

It's got a set internal maximum. If you pass it it won't clock the chip up at all.

IIRC it watches the load/speed on the other cores as well...so you may not even see it kick in past a certain point.

Edited by Waco

It's got a set internal maximum. If you pass it it won't clock the chip up at all.

IIRC it watches the load/speed on the other cores as well...so you may not even see it kick in past a certain point.

Oh ok, I wasn't sure since some people made it sound like Turbo= x+0.7ghz (where the x would the clock speed desired)

Turbo increases the multiplier (between 1 and 5 on a 8x0) depending on processor load and temperature.

I'll test the overclocking for you tomorrow, I'm fairly positive there's no defined max clock. Of course it's very likely to crash since it would try to bump the clocks really high

You know what I mean!!

Yeah, I guess :lol:

Turbo increases the multiplier (between 1 and 5 on a 8x0) depending on processor load and temperature.

I'll test the overclocking for you tomorrow, I'm fairly positive there's no defined max clock. Of course it's very likely to crash since it would try to bump the clocks really high

Yeah, I guess :lol:

yeah please do that because this turbo feature is a huge foggy area for me. Assuming Waco is right, I wonder if you made a baby OC of 2.7ghz if the the turbo mode would still be functional and take the chip to 3.2ghz (ideally), like as long as it keeps that as the max turbo would go to. If you factor in speed stepping, this all get's really complex lol.

Hmm. I was fairly certain I read somewhere that it won't take them past a set maximum...though I guess it could be a set maximum multiplier without regard to the base clock.

Hmm. I was fairly certain I read somewhere that it won't take them past a set maximum...though I guess it could be a set maximum multiplier without regard to the base clock.

Nothing will be more accurate/informative than a real world experiment from our Zertz :thumbs-up: