Intel Core i5 750 Core i7 870 Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my only problem with that is id like to see where the phenoms compare with the i5 on max air overclock because this i5 chip seems like a midrange monster that i might consider over amd :blink: but it seems like when it comes down to gaming which is what i do most the amd stays right with the i5 hmm difficult choice!!!

Edited by actionstan

did you even look at the review lol it threw the Phenom's a helluva beating and the 750 is cheaper than the 955 lol

i did , only the crysis , far cry and pros , cons , i was sleepy .........

the question i meant is i5 750 on par or better than 965 , i7 are beasts i know that i meant the i5 .

You could read the review ;)

..................... <_<

and what about the boards.............?

Edited by N.E.A

the question i meant is i5 750 on par or better than 965 , i7 are beasts i know that i meant the i5 .

If you spent 3 seconds reading the review you'd see that that i5 750 pretty much steamrolls the 965. An overclock isn't going to put the 965 on top (especially compared to a decent OC on the 750).

They are "good" performers. But they are mostly on par with the 955, which is $190, so why is everyone going crazy about these? Even when overclocked at those high speeds they are only better sometimes. Although Intel is getting better with their pricing now, but its another socket change, meaning new Mobo and new Memory again, sigh.

Btw, do we have an idea what the Mobos are gonna cost? Let me make a guess, $175+, pretty much expensive for a good mobo again...

Edited by Darkfuneral1337

..................... <_<

and what about the boards.............?

They are "good" performers. But they are mostly on par with the 955, which is $190, so why is everyone going crazy about these? Even when overclocked at those high speeds they are only better sometimes. Although Intel is getting better with their pricing now, but its another socket change, meaning new Mobo and new Memory again, sigh.

Btw, do we have an idea what the Mobos are gonna cost? Let me make a guess, $175+, pretty much expensive for a good mobo again...

Motherboards don't look that bad price-wise. Newegg has them listed from $104.99-$249.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....amp;srchInDesc=

If you spent 3 seconds reading the review you'd see that that i5 750 pretty much steamrolls the 965. An overclock isn't going to put the 965 on top (especially compared to a decent OC on the 750).

Exactly, just imagine what kinda of monster might be awakened with a better cooler and an aftermarket p55.

They match or exceed the Phenom II's like 97% of the time, and even if they are about even in games....the real life uses of the i5's are just the deal breaker. Those suckers will tear through a huge RAR file for me :), like my Q9450 does. Not to mention it is priced equally or cheaper than the 955 and 965 and yet beats them.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Its only cheaper at Micro Center, look at newegg. Compared to the 955, I think the 955 is the better choice for gaming. It is cheaper(Newegg, not everyone has a Microcenter next to their house) and performs almost the same, and even the good Mobo's are cheaper than the P55's. Also, you aren't forced to go with DDR3 which is overpriced and useless.

I am pretty sure the Phenom II's were not meant for doing RAR files and things like that, I think the Opterons were meant for that, correct me if I am wrong :unsure: