Wireless Connection

MrNiszl

I have an intel 2200bg wireless network card in my lap top and it keeps giving me trouble when i am trying to connect to the router, occasionally when the computer feels like it, it will connect to the router then if i restart my computer the windows xp wireless network manager will tell me ''no wireless networks were found in range''. Device manager tells me there is nothing wrong with the driver or device and it is turned on at the switch on the side of the lap top. I know that there is nothing wrong with my router cause my phone connects to it. I have tried updating my driver and nothing works! If anyone knows a solution?. PLEASE HELP ME!

Thanks all :)

I found XP to be terrible with my Wireless connections - I would consider myself lucky to get even 10 mins of constant connection. Moving to Vista and Win 7 improved my connection a lot but I still get disconnects every day. I think this is mostly due to a lot of the neighbours having wireless too! For those situations I have got pretty quick as disabling and reenabling my wireless adaptor in Device Mgr (and Win 7 can cycle this pretty fast)