AHCI to IDE

pezcore

So here's what I did. I installed Win7 on my new build and made all 8 SATA ports AHCI. Computer boots and works great, except...

My blu-ray drive is also a sata drive, and doesn't seem to work [doesn't read discs and makes movie players hang until I eject). I'm blaming this on AHCI (and after reading up on it, was a bad idea for an optical drive).

So I went back into the BIOS to change the 2 purple SATA ports to IDE but now BOTH the blu-ray drive (SATA) and my DVD drive (PATA) aren't recognized in Windows.

I don't want to reinstall Windows if I don't have to, but there seems to be no way to go from AHCI to IDE :(

HELP!

I got it working :)

Fail Safe Defaults didn't do it, but moving the Blu-Ray drive to the regular SATA port (instead of the 2 purple ones) fixed that, but I still didn't have my regular IDE DVD drive up. So I put the purple SATA ports back to AHCI and the drive was good again.

If I ever add another hard drive it will have to go in the remaining 2 SATA ports (purple) and we'll see if/how that works. :insertsighofreliefhere: