HELP!!!! GFX CARD problem

fighter1

HELP!!!!

today i turned on my computer and saw a spark on the video card,then i suddenly turned off my pc and restarted,now the spark is gone but there is no display and the capacitor is melted,now i am running on the builtin vga.now tell me what should i do there is no such LABS so i can get it repaired and the warranty is expired,if i know the power of this capactor i can change it myself.so please help me as soon as possible.this is the image

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss44/jo...600problem1.jpg

post-63793-1252053769_thumb.jpg

Where did you buy it from and how long ago? You'll have to contact them or XFX directly.

look buddy my waranty period has exired i bought it in july 2008.and there is no such kind of labs or XFX cant repair my card so any help will be appriciated

It looks more like a resistor than a capacitor and there's no way of telling its value. It's very rare for surface mounted resistors to burn up like that and I wouldn't be surprised if the failure of another component is the cause. You could try replacing it with something like a standard 100K 1/4W resistor if your soldering skills are up to the job and see what happens - nothing lost. It really looks like you need a new card.

Cheers

Paul