To iPhone or not to iPhone?

ClayMeow

It costs a heck of a lot to do that.... and you cannot unlock the iPhone for Verizon (GSM vs CDMA).

AT&T is CDMA i assume right?? I think my friend has his Iphone (1G, yuck) on T-Mobile, it certainly isn't AT&T but it's not Verizon either (since it'd be impossible)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AT&T is CDMA i assume right?? I think my friend has his Iphone (1G, yuck) on T-Mobile, it certainly isn't AT&T but it's not Verizon either (since it'd be impossible)

No, other way around. Verizon & Sprint = CDMA, AT&T & T-Mobile = GSM

No, other way around. Verizon & Sprint = CDMA, AT&T & T-Mobile = GSM

Another reason why I've never gone with either Sprint or verizon myself since switching to GSM. I like that I can take SIM cards and switch phones on the fly w/o calling my carrier or going to their store to change phones.

Another reason why I've never gone with either Sprint or verizon myself since switching to GSM. I like that I can take SIM cards and switch phones on the fly w/o calling my carrier or going to their store to change phones.

That is a nice feature :closedeyes:

You carry many phones? :P

damn, just checked...maybe he does have verizon lol
You said he has an iPhone, so there is a 0% chance he has Verizon if he does indeed use an iPhone.

First off, I'm with Zertz on this one.

But secondly, you're misinformed. You do not have to call anyone, nor visit a store to switch phones. You can do it online in seconds. A couple of years ago when I accidentally jumped in a pool with my cellphone in my pocket, I went online to activate my old phone, I didn't have to bring it to a store or call anyone. I can't speak for Sprint, but this is definitely the case for Verizon.

You said he has an iPhone, so there is a 0% chance he has Verizon if he does indeed use an iPhone.

First off, I'm with Zertz on this one.

But secondly, you're misinformed. You do not have to call anyone, nor visit a store to switch phones. You can do it online in seconds. A couple of years ago when I accidentally jumped in a pool with my cellphone in my pocket, I went online to activate my old phone, I didn't have to bring it to a store or call anyone. I can't speak for Sprint, but this is definitely the case for Verizon.

You can activate online with Sprint and it was kinda buggy before but works great now. (and I think the only way I'll know what my friend uses is asking him haha. let there be no more guessing)

Well only reason being is back when I had it there was no such thing as an online activation. And yes I used to switch between 2 different phones one for txting and the other for normal use. So to correct you I'm not misinformed I'm just not up to date with how they do things currently.

Edited by Compxpert

i like phones. iphones dont like me.

iphones don't like my fingers when txting either. I used my bros Samsung Eternity which is also touchscreen only and its touchscreen kbd IMO worked better never did I hit a wrong letter but at least 5 times when typing a message on an iPhone I end up hitting a letter I didn't mean to.

Edited by Compxpert