To iPhone or not to iPhone?

ClayMeow

Look up the Samsung Omnia for verizon has pretty much all the same features as an IPhone, got one about 3 to 4 months ago no problems at all

Has a tons of customization for me its like getting a new phone every couple days lol.

They have i think 3 new verisons of the Omnia coming out pretty soon also

Everyone in my company either has iPhones or BBs, so I'm hesitant to get something else. Although I will be using it for personal use as well, it's still primarily for business use. The good thing about a WM phone, however, would be the ActiveSync, since we're on MS Exchange.

Too many choices! I think I liked it better when it was either BB or a standard phone :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iphones are cool, you just can't drop them.

Absolutely wrong! I have dropped mine a gazillion times and it's still in good shape. There might be a couple of scratches on the back of it, but the screen is impeccable still (going on 5 months use). I also keep it in my pocket with my keys, so that might accout for a couple of scratches as well ;)

Well I don't plan on dropping it, and I'll definitely get a decent case, so scratches shouldn't be a big issue. No matter what I get, I just have to learn to stop flipping my phone (if I have an object in my hand, I have to throw/flip it...I get antsy :lol:)

The good thing about a WM phone, however, would be the ActiveSync, since we're on MS Exchange.

The iPhone supports ActiveSync as well. ;)http://www.apple.com/iphone/business/

Absolutely wrong! I have dropped mine a gazillion times and it's still in good shape. There might be a couple of scratches on the back of it, but the screen is impeccable still (going on 5 months use). I also keep it in my pocket with my keys, so that might accout for a couple of scratches as well ;)

:withstupid: I cannot tell you how many times I've dropped my iPhone.

Well I don't plan on dropping it, and I'll definitely get a decent case, so scratches shouldn't be a big issue. No matter what I get, I just have to learn to stop flipping my phone (if I have an object in my hand, I have to throw/flip it...I get antsy :lol:)

I flip my iPhone, toss it around, and I'm far rougher with it than I should be. Absolutely recommend case for it, as the iPhone is a slippery little bugger. Also, I highly suggest one of the screen protectors.

You have to pay extra for "Enterprise", don't you? If I got an iPhone or BB and I'd probably wind up using the webmail feature, not have to pay for enterprise/exchange.

PDA Personal - unlimited email and Internet View Details $30.00

PDA Personal w/ Tethering - 5 GB of email and Internet, plus PC tethering View Details $60.00

PDA Enterprise w/ BlackBerry Connect - unlimited BES email* and Internet View Details $45.00

PDA Enterprise w/ Tethering - 5 GB of BES email and Internet, plus PC tethering View Details $60.00

Its same price for Enterprise w/Tethering as Personal w/ Teathering but personal vs enterprise w/BB Connect is more.

You have to pay extra for "Enterprise", don't you? If I got an iPhone or BB and I'd probably wind up using the webmail feature, not have to pay for enterprise/exchange.

Not that I know of... when I go into the settings, the options for Exchange are there. Not sure what's available beyond that since I don't use it. :P