Fan Control or Not

install ntune or similar program..

xfx probably shipped with their own program for it

ex. i use eVga Porecision to control my card

DO NOT INSTALL NTUNE IT IS POSSIBLY THE WORST OVERCLOCKING PROGRAM IN THE HISTORY OF GRAPHICS CARD OVERCLOCKING PROGRAMS....

Get EVGA Precision Tool or RivaTuner, Precision Tool is a lot simpler than RivaTuner if you just want to overclock and tweak your fan speeds. If you want Blue Screens of Death, then by all means install Ntune :lol:

I was wondering by looking at the picture closely I can see 4 wires next to the fan blue,yellow,red and black wires.

Does this indicate that the fan can be controlled because on some XFX cards it only has 2 wires meaning the fans

are always stuck at 100% which means a very noisy fan.

Thanks for the advice on overclocking the card but am not really looking at overclocking the GPU atm.

Does this indicate that the fan can be controlled

No. Honestly, it doesn't indicate much of anything except that that particular model called for 4 wires in that location.

because on some XFX cards it only has 2 wires meaning the fans

are always stuck at 100% which means a very noisy fan.

That's not what it means at all. Having two wires does NOT mean that the fan is not "controllable". The card controls the speed of the fan by changing the voltage that the power wire gets. It does not need a separate wire to change the voltage.