Any old farts out there?

paulktreg

I was just thinking about the stuff I've owned in the past.

Sinclair ZX81. Came with 1k of memory and my first ever memory upgrade took it to 2k! :lol:

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 16K. Took this one to 48K. 2 x :lol:

Amstrad CPC464.

My first real PC from Time Computers a 486DX66 that cost me

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a commador 64 with that like 9 foot long 5 1/2" floppy drive, that only took 9 days to boot from. I actully think I still have it in the addic the PLA chip went out in it so i just got a macintosh after that, not much of an upgrade at the time reallt but was a big size difference. lol

I had an old Tandy laptop that ran off of floppies alone (one for MS-DOS, and you'd put another floppy in for the application or game you wanted to run lol). I'm only 21 but I've seen/owned some pretty old computers. I think we had a 486 too, and before that some Xerox computer

I'm a newbie in the whole "life" thing (only 21) but my first computer that I ever owned (my father got it for me from a co worker back int he day) was a TRS080 CoCo 1.

16k ram

no hardrive

Everything had to be loaded of 51/4" floppies.

It was awesome...

I'm a newbie in the whole "life" thing (only 21) but my first computer that I ever owned (my father got it for me from a co worker back int he day) was a TRS080 CoCo 1.

16k ram

no hardrive

Everything had to be loaded of 51/4" floppies.

It was awesome...

I felt your pain except mine used 3.5" floppies

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 16K. Took this one to 48K. 2 x :lol:

Amstrad CPC464.

My first real PC from Time Computers a 486DX66

My first computer was a ZX Spectrum 48K, mate had the CPC464... I really don't miss tape-loading games!

The first PC I built was a 386SX-25, but I'd say the 486DX2-66 was my first real PC since it could run Doom full screen with sound :lol:

first computer i ever had was a Atari , don't ask what model cant remember much about it except that familiar sound of the floppy making a loud "duff" noise as it loaded games :P

First computer I had was a Vic 20 followed by:

Commodore 64

Apple IIE

Atari 1040ST

Pentium 1

Pentium 3

the rest is history lol

the first machine i ever worked on/coded for was an ibm 360/40 at the us army computer programing school at Ft Ben Harrison in Inianapolis

my very first home machine was an IBM PC Jr... which plugged into the tv like an atari

and my very second was an 8088 with 5.25 floppy drives

both were DOS machines and i did very little with them....dos and fortran are very different animals... :lol:

kwik edit....does anyone remember if,then,else and infinite loops ??

I remember writing my first BASIC program on a GE timesharing system using a Teletype terminal and a 150 Baud acoustic modem. Forget floppy drives or cassette tapes, the program was stored on 1" paper tape.

post-10039-1251852436_thumb.jpg