Xbox 360 gfx VS PC gfx

00stevo

Loads of good points and views,cheers guys.I do realise that the 360 has a tri-core proccy with 6 threads(ps3 has 7) so maybe thats why the games can look so good on consoles.Im probably not seeing good enough performance because im running a basically middleweight pc.I will upgrade to core 2 quad,8gb ddr2 1200,a p45 mobo,and either crossfire 2 dx10 cards,or go for a nice dx11 card and see where that gets me.And to answer my own argument,yeah i know pc games look much better than consoles.(swallows hard)

The processor has little to no bearing on how "good" games look, so 6 or 7 threads means nothing.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The processor has little to no bearing on how "good" games look, so 6 or 7 threads means nothing.

precisely, otherwise those skulltrail dual xeon boards with two quads would destroy everything.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

precisely, otherwise those skulltrail dual xeon boards with two quads would destroy everything.

That's not true. If a console came out with those CPUs and a decent GPU it'd put all PC games to shame if properly optimized...that's just impossible to do when trying to make a game run on every PC out there regardless of the configuration.

A Skulltrail setup will absolutely DEMOLISH a normal rig in a game of Supreme Commander when using Core Maximizer. That's pretty much the only case I can think of where a game scales almost perfectly with more cores though...

Yeah that made me laugh too since the PC probably.... wait no... defiantly has the largest library of games known to man. You could increase said library even further with emulation of older consoles PSX and prior and even a few PS2 and GameCube games run decently on a PC EMU.

I play my ps1, ps2 and gamecube games on pc and they look better then the gamecube versions (especially the ps1 games)

I thought that it didn't actually RENDER at 1080p. It scales the image to fit your screen, but I doubt it plays 1080p raw resolution. I don't know, but that's what I think. I see some places say it plays 720p and 1080i.

Also, does the Xbox do antialiasing?

Read the thread!

That's not true. If a console came out with those CPUs and a decent GPU it'd put all PC games to shame if properly optimized...that's just impossible to do when trying to make a game run on every PC out there regardless of the configuration.

A Skulltrail setup will absolutely DEMOLISH a normal rig in a game of Supreme Commander when using Core Maximizer. That's pretty much the only case I can think of where a game scales almost perfectly with more cores though...

Thats what i mean.Duals and quads have been around for ages now so why cant pc developers optimize every game they release so the games run better? PC hardware is so much more powerful than the consoles,so why arent we seeing the benefit? Its really annoying man.

The sound is messed up a bit though is it not? Thats what i heard anyway.I'll stick to my gamecube for those games.

They finally got the sound working in wind waker and twilight princess, I haven't played the wii TP since it i don't have it, but the sound works well in wind waker and gamecube tp now, though some adjustments seem to be needed.

Edited by xchrissypoox

Thats what i mean.Duals and quads have been around for ages now so why cant pc developers optimize every game they release so the games run better? PC hardware is so much more powerful than the consoles,so why arent we seeing the benefit? Its really annoying man.

Because there's i7, C2D, C2Q, Athlon X2, Phenom X3, X4, Phenom II, Phenom II X4, etc.

Then the graphics cards. Oh boy! You can't optimize one engine for ijfiou92438502985032984203958ifjeoskgjh0ua890sf7a09sf amounts of setups.

Because there's i7, C2D, C2Q, Athlon X2, Phenom X3, X4, Phenom II, Phenom II X4, etc.

Then the graphics cards. Oh boy! You can't optimize one engine for ijfiou92438502985032984203958ifjeoskgjh0ua890sf7a09sf amounts of setups.

Drivers actually increase performance.

this is kinda silly comparing a console to a computer.

i think most people in this forum can play pretty much every game @ max settings.

Consoles cannot out preform a mid-high end PC