Plasma TV's

Queenz

You serious?

Then why not wait till 2050, and just get an implant that projects straight into your eyes at 100 GHz..

If you wait for the next best thing, you will ALWAYS be waiting. Especially in the LCD market. There are so many brands and technologies, that one of them ALWAYS has the next best thing just around the corner.

Yeah right! This is a sweet comment. I have a almost one year old Panasonic plasma unit and it rocks in any way. If blu-ray or x-box it all looks amazing at 1080p but like people mentioned before this thing is a heater as well as the power consumption is higher. LCD's came a long way and looking at the 120-240Mhz units the picture is really amazing. I would get a Samsung 120Mhz until and call it a day.

Edited by HITandRUN

plasma is better in that they have "true black" but otherwise they A: "burn in images left on" B: take about 3x the wattage and C: very heavy making walmounting a problem.

A: Incorrect.

B: Mostly incorrect.

C: Incorrect.

This is why plasmas get a bad rep... :glare:

plasma is better in that they have "true black" but otherwise they A: "burn in images left on" B: take about 3x the wattage and C: very heavy making walmounting a problem.

A Only the Cheaper ones like the Vizio the wife bought for the bedroom

B Maybe

3 I had no problem mounting the 46 on the wall in the bedroom. Find 2 studs and lag them in and I can hang on the mount and well I easily weigh 4 times what the TV weighs