Athlon II X2 240 Overvoltage?

Hey, I had just purchased a new rig that i had put together myself. I had got into a bit of overclocking, and just bumped it up to 3ghz. It is stable, ran Prime95 for a few hours and then played crysis. It ran fine, but i was concerned about the voltage. The stock voltage it came at is 1.456 volts. I was wondering if that was too high because my friend has an i7, and he's running it at ~1.3 volts, and he way overclocked it (2.6 to around 4ghz).

Any suggestions on what i should do with the voltages?

Hey, I had just purchased a new rig that i had put together myself. I had got into a bit of overclocking, and just bumped it up to 3ghz. It is stable, ran Prime95 for a few hours and then played crysis. It ran fine, but i was concerned about the voltage. The stock voltage it came at is 1.456 volts. I was wondering if that was too high because my friend has an i7, and he's running it at ~1.3 volts, and he way overclocked it (2.6 to around 4ghz).

Any suggestions on what i should do with the voltages?

did you try to overclock it before increasing the voltage ..........

Comparing an AMD cpu to an Intel cpu in regards to Voltages isnt possible. They are completely different architectures.

As far as i know though, an athlon II shouldnt come stock at 1.456v, thats just too high for a low power chip like the 240.

It should run somewhere around 1.25 or 1.3 (just guessing, my PII940 runs at 1.35 at 3.4ghz). Try lowering the voltage down a little and see if its stable

EDIT: actually Google what the stock voltage is for that chip, and start from there

Edited by ShallowBay

I'll try turning down the voltage. I've been running it with no problems in regards to blue screens or locking up.

EDIT: I cannot turn down the voltage. I don't know why. I just can't.

I'll look it up.

Edited by NearlyEpic