5870 price range

N.E.A

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was saying that if I had bought an i7 920 10 months ago then I would have gotten a CO stepping and that would have been OK. Waiting allowed me to get a DO stepping and a different motherboard. I'm happy with what I have now but had I bought earlier I would have been fine with a CO stepping and different motherboard.

As for the 295 price it's high but if someone is willing to pay for it I guess it's what they really want. Their money not mine.

I was saying that if I had bought an i7 920 10 months ago then I would have gotten a CO stepping and that would have been OK. Waiting allowed me to get a DO stepping and a different motherboard. I'm happy with what I have now but had I bought earlier I would have been fine with a CO stepping and different motherboard.

As for the 295 price it's high but if someone is willing to pay for it I guess it's what they really want. Their money not mine.

I'm not saying it wasn't justified pre 5870......but now it's a little out of hand. Nor am I saying that hot running 920 is bad either, but I know you're happy with a better 920 for less. :thumbs-up: It would have been hell trying to get your 920 up to what you have it now had it been C0.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I'm not saying it wasn't justified pre 5870......but now it's a little out of hand. Nor am I saying that hot running 920 is bad either, but I know you're happy with a better 920 for less. :thumbs-up: It would have been hell trying to get your 920 up to what you have it now had it been C0.

True the 295 probably needs a drastic price drop to be competative.

I'm very happy with the 920 I have currently. I realize that a CO stepping 920 may have been more difficult to get as high as the one I currently have. I'm just amazed at it's output and wish that I had bought it sooner. In the DC application I run it's output was greater than 2 AMD 940s or 2 AMD 965s. It also did more work per day than a pair of Q6600s. It nearly does as much as a pair of Q9550s. Just amazing. I didn't have 2 CPUs that could really compete with this one 920. It's allowed me to scale back from 4 PCs to 2. 2 will outperform the 4 with a pair of 920s. Now I just need to get this 2nd one finished.

True the 295 probably needs a drastic price drop to be competative.

I'm very happy with the 920 I have currently. I realize that a CO stepping 920 may have been more difficult to get as high as the one I currently have. I'm just amazed at it's output and wish that I had bought it sooner. In the DC application I run it's output was greater than 2 AMD 940s or 2 AMD 965s. It also did more work per day than a pair of Q6600s. It nearly does as much as a pair of Q9550s. Just amazing. I didn't have 2 CPUs that could really compete with this one 920. It's allowed me to scale back from 4 PCs to 2. 2 will outperform the 4 with a pair of 920s. Now I just need to get this 2nd one finished.

and the 3rd one finished too (mine :rolleyes:). Ya just tell me when you're willing to dump one of em. Though I'm pretty attached to this prize of a q9450

I'd need to find a board similar to my EP45 extreme, everything about this board fits my personality!

Edit: I should have known not to doubt em... (though I don't like that they went to alluminum....even though the processor has most of the brunt anyway)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

When the i9s are out then I may be ready to dump a 920 or two.

Sort of back on the video card topic bought Star Wars the Clone Wars Republic Heroes for the PC today(it sucks) and noticed that it claims to be enhanced for multi-core CPUs. About time.

When the i9s are out then I may be ready to dump a 920 or two.

Sort of back on the video card topic bought Star Wars the Clone Wars Republic Heroes for the PC today(it sucks) and noticed that it claims to be enhanced for multi-core CPUs. About time.

lol they must have put all the effort into making it quad threaded that they forgot to make the game good.

It looks like a PSP game ported to the PC. It may be a little better with a 360 controller. I may try that if I decide to buy the controller.

The game cost $30 so I didn't expect it to be very good. At least it wasn't a $50 game. I got what I paid for.

they better lower the prices of the 57XX's atleast. they are not worth the money IMHO $20 off each one would make them appropriately priced. I was really disappointed by the junipers. I am hoping that 5970 will only cost $500 max as to really shoot the 295 down from there.

:withstupid: