5870 price range

N.E.A

Yes Bosco it does seem like stuttering sometimes, but it only happens sometimes. Is this just an error with my card?

@ KK_ - I have the newest ATI driver and I don't get that fan speed control, how do I get it? My friend had it too......motherboard, what the heck :angry:

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get the stuttering problems as well.Apparently its related to a v-sync problem,and if you downgrade to catalyst 9.4 and below its barely noticeable.But imo it really sucks,how can ati not even sort a simple problem like that? Its the reason im selling my 4850 and getting a 260.Im interested to see the new dx11 cards from ati,but i certainly wont be buying one.

I get the stuttering problems as well.Apparently its related to a v-sync problem,and if you downgrade to catalyst 9.4 and below its barely noticeable.But imo it really sucks,how can ati not even sort a simple problem like that? Its the reason im selling my 4850 and getting a 260.Im interested to see the new dx11 cards from ati,but i certainly wont be buying one.

i wont buy one too , if they run hot

but i think nvidia wont make the same mistake twice this year ATI almost took the crown but nvidia got it back with these (gtx 275/285/295)

and to enthusiasts sli is better than cf so nvidia should keep this

i hope they make the 5870 with a 512-bit memory bus and using the gddr5 then they may take the crown

Yes Bosco it does seem like stuttering sometimes, but it only happens sometimes. Is this just an error with my card?

@ KK_ - I have the newest ATI driver and I don't get that fan speed control, how do I get it? My friend had it too......motherboard, what the heck :angry:

mine was just there default.... tried googling the problem?

never had a driver issue, but my 4870 idling at around 60C... full load is around 70C, the fan is set on auto. so that may be the cause for the high temps...

i think ill be getting a 4870X2 when 58xx series will be released.

never had a driver issue, but my 4870 idling at around 60C... full load is around 70C, the fan is set on auto. so that may be the cause for the high temps...

i think ill be getting a 4870X2 when 58xx series will be released.

if you want to get a card when dx 11 cards will be released , get another 4870 or 5870 or 5850 do not waste your money on old card getting another 4870 is better than a 4870x2 because you will not pay much and i always say : two cards are better than one

Edited by N.E.A

and i think 5850 will be much faster than 4890 so 5870 will be a beast

we are making some mistakes , when the 8000 came out i know some who sold his 7950 and got 8600 which is slower just because the 8600 supports dx10 , i mean if you are happy with the performance you get why get another card , there will be no dx 11 games till 2010 ( i think so ) , so why do you even get another card i will get a new dx 11 card when gtx 300 comes out when when there is games that supports dx 11 ( except for bioshock )

this is what i hate about gpus every year a new generation comes out you do not even get the chance of knowing the weakness of your card

but in the other hand you get new cards ..........it is complicated , i know some of you will say :withstupid: but , when the i7 940 came out and some one bought it then the 950 came out and he wants it`s performance , all what you have to do is overclock it a little bit , but gpus

lets say i have a gtx 280 or 4870 when the gtx 285 and the 4890 came out there were a performance gap between each card and it`s brother

no matter what you do you can`t close that gap .....................gosh i am tired of writing ........did you get ....?

It seems to be a common occurance lately with ATI cards not much u can do about it :(