Water Cooling

_TheAlexO

Received this yesterday only to discover that there is no AMD mounting with it. Socket 775 and 1366. Corsair's website has it for $5 shipping. Didn't forget about this thread just haven't got the AMD mounting yet. Really disappointed that it didn't include this already. Noticed today that newegg has this listed as a deactivated item http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835181009 .

Probibly means there is a new model due to be released...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probibly means there is a new model due to be released...

I hope so, like a dual radiator model. That would get me excited.

Just ordered the AMD mounting bracket for the H5O. No idea when it will be here.

I hope so, like a dual radiator model. That would get me excited.

Just ordered the AMD mounting bracket for the H5O. No idea when it will be here.

Im interested to hear how it works out, I have a small box (about max hight would be 6" or 150mm if I remove some ducting) that i would like to oc but the cpu fan/hitsink is a bit lacking.. im thinking about pulling it and making an attempt at lapping...

I have the remaining parts for an i7 build coming in around the time that the AMD bracket for the H5O should be here. I'm really most interested in overclocking that system but I should get to test this AMD system by next weekend. i7 will be on air. If I watercool the i7 it will be with a more appropriate system. I'm still trying to talk myself into spending the money on a Fesser Monsta 360/420 radiator(assuming I can find one in stock). Admittedly I have a bit to learn about watercooling and am reading a lot to acquire the needed knowledge. Still trying to figure out where I'd mount a Monsta rad.

Next Saturday or Sunday I'll post up the temps and what I find out with the H5O. Should have plenty of time by then.

Edited by rourkchris

I have the remaining parts for an i7 build coming in around the time that the AMD bracket for the H5O should be here. I'm really most interested in overclocking that system but I should get to test this AMD system by next weekend. i7 will be on air. If I watercool the i7 it will be with a more appropriate system. I'm still trying to talk myself into spending the money on a Fesser Monsta 360/420 radiator(assuming I can find one in stock). Admittedly I have a bit to learn about watercooling and am reading a lot to acquire the needed knowledge. Still trying to figure out where I'd mount a Monsta rad.

Next Saturday or Sunday I'll post up the temps and what I find out with the H5O. Should have plenty of time by then.

You could always get a rad box and mount it off the back of the case... I did that when my i7 was in my antec900 case, the Mountian mod case allowed me to put the rad inside as well as add a 2nd independant loop for the vid's (though I do think i'll swap some things around in there but have been putting it off as I will have to drain both loops and re-leak test them after the reconfig...)

Match them with my temps. i used artic silver 5.

You could always get a rad box and mount it off the back of the case... I did that when my i7 was in my antec900 case, the Mountian mod case allowed me to put the rad inside as well as add a 2nd independant loop for the vid's (though I do think i'll swap some things around in there but have been putting it off as I will have to drain both loops and re-leak test them after the reconfig...)

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with it hanging off the back of a case. The top of the case is where I'd likely mount it if I decide to go watercooling. I may not need to, we'll see.

Match them with my temps. i used artic silver 5.

I've got my own Prolimatech so I'll compare it between the 2 with the same fans and OCZ Freeze which has no set-in time. After it's all said and done I'll certainly compare temps with yours. After the i7 is built and overclocked I'll test the different cooling setups on the AMD 965 first. Then I'll come back and try the i7 if I find the H5O is worth considering.

Rampage II GENE arrived today!

Edited by rourkchris

(Oops i put it in the wrong section)

I know nothing about water cooling, other than the function of it. I need a better way to cool my Phenom II 940.

So i was thinking i might as well go water cooling if its not too expensive. so im looking on newegg for parts, but there are so many different components of a water system i just dont know where to being.

Someone point me in the right direction.

my budget tops out around a couple hundred

all im cooling is the CPU. (with maybe the possibility of video card next upgrade)

Or should i look into something like the Corsair H50 which is an "all in one".

How good would that be compared to other watercooling options?

such a noob move putting it in the wrong section

I've got my own Prolimatech so I'll compare it between the 2 with the same fans and OCZ Freeze which has no set-in time. After it's all said and done I'll certainly compare temps with yours. After the i7 is built and overclocked I'll test the different cooling setups on the AMD 965 first. Then I'll come back and try the i7 if I find the H5O is worth considering.

Rampage II GENE arrived today!

pics or ban!!

I wish I had a digital camera but I don't. I'll work on that. Just mounted the i7 920 into the Rampage II GENE. Layed down way too much OCZ Freeze, as is always my habit, and wiped off the excess to get it just right. Prolimatech Megahalems is mounted and just waiting on the Mushkin RAM, and Windows Vista Premium 64 bit. Should be here Tuesday. I'm reaslly looking over this motherboard and appreciating the details. RAM clasps are on the far side away from the PCI-E slots so there is no interference with the video cards. RAM just slides in and locks in place on the side closest to the video cards. PCI-E slots have a different locking mechanism for the video cards that looks like an improvement. I also love these enthusiest boards with Power On, Reset, and clear CMOS buttons on the board. Great for those that put it on a test bench(which I do). It's like they took everything that was slightly wrong on my P5E X38 board and made it right. Then they shrunk it down into a micro-atx format. Amazing. I'd like to see them do away with the IDE and floppy connections but that's just me personally and I realize that would cut out a large segment who want or need it. I'd also like to see the dual PCI-E slots a bit further apart but it's a micro-atx so I can't really complain about that either.

Received an email from Corsair today stating the AMD bracket had shipped UPS ground. Should be soon.

Just checked tracking and it says due Friday Sept. 11th.

Edited by rourkchris